2007 Jerez Black BMW E92 M3

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
That’s lovely. Nice choice and I am sure a completely different drive to your M4.
They are an awesome car, loved mine !

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Absolutely lovely:heart_eyes:

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a BMW man but the urge to own one of these sometime is growing stronger each month...someday8o|

Enjoy dude

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Looks well sir, comp pack wheels and LCI tails will look great on it, think a light tint on the rear glass would finish it off too.

Don't take away from the fact that the M4 is a great car, a slightly less interesting engine and more computerised but still an awesome motor.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
I just love these things so much. I badass V8 is just hard to beat!

Great colour combo black with red leather. Keep the wheels and forget about spacers- BMW know what they’re doing (my own opinion but I hate spacers +o().

Are you planning any exhaust upgrades?

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A good e92 M3 is a classic, and you got a great spec - just adds to it being a lovely place to spend.

Putting me to shame, getting a thread up so quick... Been miserable here in Bangor most of the day, lol.

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
I just love these things so much. I badass V8 is just hard to beat!

Great colour combo black with red leather. Keep the wheels and forget about spacers- BMW know what they’re doing (my own opinion but I hate spacers +o().

Are you planning any exhaust upgrades?

I am not sure, I was thinking of it but the note it makes at the moment is great so will need to see further on down the line :grinning:

An good e92 M3 is a classic, and you got a great spec - just adds to it being a lovely place to spend.

Putting me to shame, getting a thread up so quick... Been miserable here in Bangor most of the day, lol.

Haha was a few quick snaps so thought may as well then once the ABS thing went bad I needed advice :joy:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If you want to use Carly to read the codes I’m happy to meet you somewhere to use mine (y)
I’ve a halfords trade card if you need a battery in a hurry

Is that an open offer?! I was actually searching old posts for Carly owners earlier.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
As much as I hate Halfords they had the battery I needed and as its Sunday it was either get it or wait for ECP to open. And having a trade account I got the battery for a decent price.

BMW put the date of manufacture on the negative terminal of the battery

Week 41 of 2007
9F0C08C8-EA0E-402A-9CF0-C8FF6926034B.jpeg

Threw the battery into the car took it a run

D4A4B322-E0C5-4429-8463-270D92D708AB.jpeg

Still need to get it registered to the car @MarkM was very kind to offer his Carly but as Halfords were late getting the battery that will have to wait for another day.

I want to put a few more miles on the car to see if this clears the ABS faults but if not will get the codes read and take it from there. But the car is definitely happier with the new battery the blower is back up to full strength and the clock is remaining.

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
So a slight update on this.

Got the new battery coded and the car is behaving a lot better now and the clock has stopped resetting so thats a win.

The ABS light is coming and going every so often and was greeted with this on Saturday morning

E7B1E458-5CB4-4AC9-AD82-7616799FEF86.JPG

So after a bit of investigation it has came to light that the ABS pump has failed. A very common issue on the E9x M3 and non M.

Apparently a new pump is £1800 from BMW, won't be paying that so have the car in the shed and will remove the pump tonight and send it off to ECUTesting.com who will rebuild the pump with uprated parts and offer a lifetime guraentee for £240 so thats a good result. I will then add the documentation for the rebuild into the folder of previous reciepts the previous owner had to keep the service history up to date.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
So a slight update on this.

Got the new battery coded and the car is behaving a lot better now and the clock has stopped resetting so thats a win.

The ABS light is coming and going every so often and was greeted with this on Saturday morning

View attachment 215810

So after a bit of investigation it has came to light that the ABS pump has failed. A very common issue on the E9x M3 and non M.

Apparently a new pump is £1800 from BMW, won't be paying that so have the car in the shed and will remove the pump tonight and send it off to ECUTesting.com who will rebuild the pump with uprated parts and offer a lifetime guraentee for £240 so thats a good result. I will then add the documentation for the rebuild into the folder of previous reciepts the previous owner had to keep the service history up to date.

Did the very same myself, only not with my BMW... the same or similar modules ended up in so many different makes and models. ECUtesting did mine in the mazda and it was a grand job!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Did the very same myself, only not with my BMW... the same or similar modules ended up in so many different makes and models. ECUtesting did mine in the mazda and it was a grand job!

They seem to get great reviews from anybody I have asked, did they have a quick turn around time?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Used ECU testing for a few different things now, usually a week turnaround and no hassle at all, definitely recommend them.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Logbook arrived. After hearing a few people having issues with getting theirs I am pleased it came in 3 weeks.

Car is now off the road for probably 10 days.

I removed the ABS pump and have it sent away so waiting it coming back.

Left the car off to give it an inspection for its MOT as its due in January and will get the ABS pump refitted by my mechanic mainly because I can’t be assed bleeding the brakes after the new pump is fitted and the brake fluid is flushed and replaced.

I really need to get the CIC retrofitted and the combox retrofitted as the individual audio option is fantastic much better than the Harman Kardon in my M4. Only thing that lets it down is the AUX port is analogue and theres a lot of static picked up from my phone so need to get it sorted where I can plug my phone into the USB and control everything from the iDrive and its a digital signal.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Not much to report yet car is still sitting withou an ABS pump.

ECU Testing text me on Wednesday to say they have the pump so hoping for an update soon

5ACD96FD-A500-4194-93D3-8AAC0E55C789.jpeg

Also have been pricing up the CIC retrofit.

Anywhere I ask seems to say you are looking at £1000 to get it done with the parts and the labour on top of that if you can’t code it or DIY yourself.

Been keeping an eye out on eBay as I was going to just picks up the bits individually as it would work out cheaper.

Cheapest full kit I could find was £700 and he refused to post to NI.

Saw this pop up and had no bidders so stuck a bid in last second and won it.

Won it for £400 and thats the whole kit including CIC head unit, CIC HD Screen, CIC iDrive controller and all the required cabling and a USB slot so it was a bargain seeing as the cheapest CIC headunit I could find on its own was £299 so very pleased.

532D8BE6-CE39-4677-B524-B2428EBF0EF0.png

dempster__

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Keep posted how you get on with the CIC install as it is something i will be looking to do with mine next year possibly

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Keep posted how you get on with the CIC install as it is something i will be looking to do with mine next year possibly

Will do, just waiting on the bits arriving and then will get cracking - Doesn't seem too hard a job to be honest and very little coding required.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
What do you use for coding @AlpineF30 ?

For the CIC retrofit @Nickyyy will be using NCSExpert as I have to modify the vehicle order of the car to accept the new CIC, as the production date has to be changed to 2009 as thats when the CIC was introduced so in order for it to appear the vehicle order needs to be changed of that of at least a 2009 car and I don't think Carly offers this.