2007 Nissan 350z Nismo

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Nice honest video

but I’d be switching back to the oem Nismo wheels and then start tidying.
There is a used Nismo exhaust also for sale (was last week anyway) on the owners club.

To me a Nismo just needs to be totally oem clean and original.

lovely in black

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Nice honest video

but I’d be switching back to the oem Nismo wheels and then start tidying.
There is a used Nismo exhaust also for sale (was last week anyway) on the owners club.

To me a Nismo just needs to be totally oem clean and original.

lovely in black
I like the Nismo wheels but they are so expensive, feel the money would be better spent on the bodywork at this time. Maybe later can put the Nismo wheel on it.

I can see me just keeping the bodywork and interior fairly OEM, engine I may add a few bits and bobs to it, do you think putting a turbo on a Nismo would devalue it?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I like the Nismo wheels but they are so expensive, feel the money would be better spent on the bodywork at this time. Maybe later can put the Nismo wheel on it.

I can see me just keeping the bodywork and interior fairly OEM, engine I may add a few bits and bobs to it, do you think putting a turbo on a Nismo would devalue it?

prob not really, a turbo will more than make up for it in fun value. Turbo kits readily available in Japan for these?

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
prob not really, a turbo will more than make up for it in fun value. Turbo kits readily available in Japan for these?
Haven't really had a look around yet but given how many Z's there are here and the fact they love to modify cars, I'm sure they come available from time to time.

Reactions: dub

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Some new tyres on the Z, also changed the wheel nuts from the silver, to black.

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 53

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Finley cleaned up the interior a little. OEM storage box fitted and double din stereo. To me, looks much better than the ugly sat nav receiver and TV and the old stereo.
B3BC83EE-187B-4E1D-99E7-2C690356A5F2.jpeg
A4C079B7-8ACC-4CDA-B33B-07B101C14979.jpeg

Crazy Japanese sat nav and jungle of wiring finally binned from 350Z

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Got this in my watch later list. Been watching the whole series, I'll actually be interested to hear about the tax system in Japan.

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Got this in my watch later list. Been watching the whole series, I'll actually be interested to hear about the tax system in Japan.

Mixed the tax details in with a few jobs done on the car, how much is it to tax a 350Z in the UK?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Mixed the tax details in with a few jobs done on the car, how much is it to tax a 350Z in the UK?

Watched earlier, quite interesting. Didn't know it was based engine size alone. Here it's based on CO2 output.

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Watched earlier, quite interesting. Didn't know it was based engine size alone. Here it's based on CO2 output.
Yeah only engine size, must of changes some time again because I remember reading about older cars and the dimensions of the cars being an issue for tax.

£600 for the revup and HR a year +o(

Really, I though it was much cheaper than that. I have been away from the UK for a while though. So Japan is still cheaper than the UK (UK:£600 JP:£450)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yeah only engine size, must of changes some time again because I remember reading about older cars and the dimensions of the cars being an issue for tax.

Really, I though it was much cheaper than that. I have been away from the UK for a while though. So Japan is still cheaper than the UK (UK:£600 JP:£450)
The earlier DE and early reg Rev ups are good but cheaper at 280 I think

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Got a set of BC coilovers, now need to wait for rainy season to finish, so I can fit them, look really good quality.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28

dean_jdm1

RMS Regular
OP
D
Drives
350Z Nismo
Got the car on the dyno, wanted to see how much power it still had after 14 years. Achieved 289hp and 345Nm at the crank, car only has cat back exhaust. Basically has lost 8% over the years.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is absolutely no reason for a car to "lose" power if it's been maintained (y)Even the old 850 is bang on factory spec now with just a bit of refurbishment - plugs, belts, fluids, replace some cracked/worn hoses, etc. With general cleaning out, especially PCV systems. And that's with everything else like exhaust, etc., as it left the factory 25 years ago.

The old S3 was the same. Just kept that serviced and replaced bits as needed and it was running exactly as new when I sold it at 20 years old.