2007 Subaru Forester Sti

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Great choice @Chris tii . Like many others, I haven't come across that colour in a Foz Sti before. Definitely mega rare! The days will drag now! :joy:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Car looks stunning in that colour! Never seen an sti like it

I asked lockwood about dials and they wanted crazy money and my old dials for a few weeks to make new faces dual marked. In the end I fitted an HKS type 1 turbo timer as it gives mph readout from the ecu.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Inspiration?

1571753871362.png

bill

Banned
How much are these i think they look great never saw one of these about.
Are they a Jap import.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
How much are these i think they look great never saw one of these about.
Are they a Jap import.

Yep, jap import. Depending on milage, spec etc anywhere between £8-12k these days would not be unusual. They're pretty rare over here, @lennyd has the only one I've ever got a good look around, such a nice car that.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Do they do these in Automatic me love them.

You can get non STI's in automatic. I'd say you'd be incredibly lucky to find one with auto.

More chance of a sporty Legacy estate in auto though. In fact it'd probably be more common than manual

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
So you took the plunge then, @Chris tii, good job!

It was Darren at Torque GT that sorted me out with mine. He kept me posted the whole way through and even covered all the wee bits I pestered him about (seat bolster repair, new oem side decals etc.)

As mentioned, the dual reading speedo is a bit of a pain come MOT time and I didn't realise before picking it up our MOT is different to theirs. I ended up mocking up a kmph scale using a photo editor too and sticking it on the speedo clock face. Not perfect but does the job.

As for the xenon headlight washers, I fed a few extra pipes from the washer bottle that dribble water over the lights, and crimp them back up after MOT. Gets the pass and gives the MOT guys a laugh.

Once the car lands, be prepared for a wait. I can't remember how long it took before it landed in Southampton to me picking it up but it was a number of weeks.

That said, Torque GT are the best in the business for a reason so you are in good hands. Looking forward to seeing the car in the metal. 👍🏻

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
So you took the plunge then, @Chris tii, good job!

It was Darren at Torque GT that sorted me out with mine. He kept me posted the whole way through and even covered all the wee bits I pestered him about (seat bolster repair, new oem side decals etc.)

As mentioned, the dual reading speedo is a bit of a pain come MOT time and I didn't realise before picking it up our MOT is different to theirs. I ended up mocking up a kmph scale using a photo editor too and sticking it on the speedo clock face. Not perfect but does the job.

As for the xenon headlight washers, I fed a few extra pipes from the washer bottle that dribble water over the lights, and crimp them back up after MOT. Gets the pass and gives the MOT guys a laugh.

Once the car lands, be prepared for a wait. I can't remember how long it took before it landed in Southampton to me picking it up but it was a number of weeks.

That said, Torque GT are the best in the business for a reason so you are in good hands. Looking forward to seeing the car in the metal. 👍🏻

Thanks, I still don’t know if the lights are definitely Xenons. Though I’ll find out soon enough.
Did you collect the car or have it transported? If you collected, is it easy enough to get to? It looks to be out in the countryside somewhere.

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Thanks, I still don’t know if the lights are definitely Xenons. Though I’ll find out soon enough.
Did you collect the car or have it transported? If you collected, is it easy enough to get to? It looks to be out in the countryside somewhere.

The clocks only read MPH when I picked up the evo and still do, I also have xenon headlights with no headlight washers... I have put the car through two MOT’s and not once has anyone said anything to me. I wouldn’t bother or worry about it tbh.

With regards to getting there, a simple flight from Belfast city to Exeter Airport & Darren will collect you and whisk you back to Torque (usually in a saucy Jap motor) it’s Approx 20 min drive.
We then drove to Birkenhead for the overnight boat home! Easy as that!

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
The clocks only read MPH when I picked up the evo and still do, I also have xenon headlights with no headlight washers... I have put the car through two MOT’s and not once has anyone said anything to me. I wouldn’t bother or worry about it tbh.

With regards to getting there, a simple flight from Belfast city to Exeter Airport & Darren will collect you and back to Torque. Approx 20 min drive.
We then drove to Birkenhead for the overnight boat home! Easy as that!

Yeah, i think I'd risk it with regards to the MOT. I couldn't imagine many of the inspectors even noticing. And I didn't know you can fly to Exeter, great news!

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Yeah, i think I'd risk it with regards to the MOT. I couldn't imagine many of the inspectors even noticing. And I didn't know you can fly to Exeter, great news!

Yea. An MOT tester had a go at me when I had the DC5 with regards to the headlights. I just explained to him it was a jap import and that’s the way they came from the factory and there was nothing I could do to change it...It seemed to satisfy him lol

Exeter is honestly the smallest airport in the world, took about 20mins getting there on a wee Flybe turboprop Propellor Plane. But soo handy to Torque!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I collected the car, I have a friend in Plymouth so made a weekend of it. As Samy says, they collect you from the airport (nothing nice for us, just a L200 I think it was) and even gave us a tour round the stock they had in. We got the boat from Holyhead to Dublin on probably the windiest day of the year.

The wife still doesn't forgive me for that.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I dont have £9000 didnt think they where that high.
I think i saw one for sale in 2008 for £3000 that would be 1000 times better than a bank.
be a better job here

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yea. An MOT tester had a go at me when I had the DC5 with regards to the headlights. I just explained to him it was a jap import and that’s the way they came from the factory and there was nothing I could do to change it...It seemed to satisfy him lol

Exeter is honestly the smallest airport in the world, took about 20mins getting there on a wee Flybe turboprop Propellor Plane. But soo handy to Torque!

Pretty much all the xenon/washer issues relate to imports.

There are almost no proper UK cars that have the problem ( a small handful at most )

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Pulled me on it, said they normally don't bother with the sporty cars as they have stiffer suspension. I said mine had coilovers and tubes tee"d off form the windscreen washer jets. He wasn't impressed at the lack of washing or jets but gave me my years ticket anyway.

Sure you'll have a year to sort those things out anyway before next test is due

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Awesome, that's absolutely fantastic and you'll have nothing but a great experience with Torque GT, they are a pleasure to work with.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
This is the most excruciating bit now. Following a dot on a map for weeks.

Just a wee reminder, it can take a week or two to clear the port and get to Devon, and then they need to prep the car.