2008 BMW E60 520D - Space Grey LCI Model - Even More New Wheels On Post #131

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JTDi

RMS Regular
So the A5 has to go with a house purchase looming, so I went out to find something for a bit less cash, and found this big lady :grinning:

Details are:

2008 LCI Model
2.0 177bhp Diesel
Full Black Leather
Front & Rear PDC with Display
iDrive
Auto Wipers/Auto Lights

First plans are a service, which @Woodcutter has sorted me out for, including Oil, Filters, and a Fan-Belt.

Then I'm having some Tints sorted, medium full tints, and the taillights darkened a tad too :grinning:

I've already ordered the weighted shortened M Sport Gearknob, and Black Grills, which should be here tomorrow!

Wheels will be next, have my eyes on a set already, and suspension, either Eibach Sportlines or Coilovers.

Then I'll be sorting out an M Sport kit, and adding a few other touches to it :grinning:

Here she is, a rather unsuspecting car about to get a few changes:

image.jpg

C&C Welcome :grinning:

Last edited:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Looks well! Looking forward to seeing the changes (y)

Thanks :grinning: I do love the colour, and its a great well spec'd base to start on!

Some progress made today, picked up my wheels and also got 15mm Hubcentric Spacers with longer bolts to get it sitting just right! will get pictures up tomorrow or else Thursday/Friday whenever I get the suspension sorted :grinning:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Do you actually make money on the mods you do? Can't understand why you spend so much on each car then get rid....especially if you are saving to buy a house :p

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Would it not have been better and cheaper to have just bought a proper msport?

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Was looking at E60s myself, but settled on an E90 320d. Handy run trucks :grinning:

Wheres the house?

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Do you actually make money on the mods you do? Can't understand why you spend so much on each car then get rid....especially if you are saving to buy a house :p

Lol I enjoy it, I don't drink much or smoke at all, so this is where my money go's! Guess you could call it my hobby lol :grinning:

Would it not have been better and cheaper to have just bought a proper msport?

Nah, an E60 LCI M Sport would've cost me a fair bit more than what this did, it came in at the right money (y)

Was looking at E60s myself, but settled on an E90 320d. Handy run trucks :grinning:

Wheres the house?

Yeah real handy run! Love this big wagon, so comfy, I've had 2 E90's and 3 E92's, and love this to sit in so much more! One of the new-builds that Armoy Homes are putting up :grinning:

Very nice. Makes me wish I bought a E60 LCI instead of the E90. Health to enjoy.

Thanks buddy :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
So, windows have been done, tail-lights have been done, and I have had the window surrounds wrapped satin black to match the exterior door pillars.

Wheels are on, and 15mm Bimmec Hubcentric Spacers have been fitted too.

Fan-belt was changed, and will be having it serviced on Thursday evening, and will be changing the suspension then too.

Black Grills and Clubsport Shortened Weighted Gearknob will be here tomorrow all being well! :laughing:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Pics :laughing:

Watching this very closely love modified E60's.

Seriously thinking of getting an early 520d E60 as a daily hack when its time for me to move the F30 so can buy a weekend toys as the E60 seems the ultimate daily car at the moment plus the money they can be had for is great.

All the best with it :grinning:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Pics :laughing:

Watching this very closely love modified E60's.

Seriously thinking of getting an early 520d E60 as a daily hack when its time for me to move the F30 so can buy a weekend toys as the E60 seems the ultimate daily car at the moment plus the money they can be had for is great.

All the best with it :grinning:

need new pics;)

Will get pictures up tomorrow once its lowered ;) Looks awful sitting sky high!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Lovely colour that James, I'm sure when you're finished with your plans it'll look great!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
I've just received the Genuine BMW Clubsport Gearknob and the Black Grills, which I'll get fitted this evening:

CS GK.jpg

Grills.jpg

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
SE > Genuine CS Gear Knob
Before
image.jpg

After
image.jpg

I've fitted CS Gear Knobs to most of my BMW's, they're shortened/weighted and I love the look/feel of them!

Reactions: Ant

Ant

RMS Regular
did the same gear knob change on my z4, def one of the easiest changes that make a big difference imo

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
A wee progress picture:

Edited.jpg

Done so far:
Headlights Tinted
Tailights Tinted
Chrome Window Surrounds wrapped Satin Black
Medium Tint on Windows
Coilover Suspension
19" Bola ZZR Alloy Wheels in Silver/Polished - 8.5" Front 9.5" Rear (ET25) on 245/35/19 and 275/35/19
15mm Hubcentric Spacers all-round.
Satin Black Grills
Genuine OEM BMW CS Gear Knob
Fully Serviced and a New Fanbelt Fitted

Waiting For:
M5 Front Bumper
Lip Spoiler
Fully Tailored Mats

And a few other things :grinning: I've never ever driven a car with coilovers that is so comfortable!! Its literally like sitting on a cloud, no stiffness, rough harsh ride, anything! Loving this big bus :laughing: :heart:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.