2008 Candy White Mk5 GTI

A4RON

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Picked this up this evening it’s something that’s always been on my wanted list for quite some time 2008 GTI FSH Candy white paint work 18” monzas , alpine double din headunit , colour coded bumpers & skirts plan to tidy a wee bits on it 30mm h&r’s & milltek it.

E2F4FDD9-EDA5-4048-8EAD-4866F3F5BA97.jpeg
90058B3F-3CB5-4ED1-B111-581BDFF17E07.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great cars, hasn’t been 1 on here in a while! Nice to see another.

Agree with the above, never been a fan of the colour coded bumpers personally.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I had one very similar years ago and loved it, such a good car and still looks great today. Revo was a great touch too it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think the best way to make the diffuser section black is to wrap it.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
OEM was textured, so would look odd painted black.
If I remember from mine it is possible to replace that bit on the bumper with a new diffuser? Is that still the same. Mine was an older version

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
You have me looking at them again on AT, they haven’t went out of reach yet money wise too, but like everything else they will rise as there are fewer good ones left. Still one of the best hot hatches I’ve owned. A tuned edition 30 is a really good going thing .

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Good choice, I bought a candy white Golf GTI last week as well! It was my old one that I always regretted selling, when the actual car I used to own came up on Gumtree, I had to buy it back. Unfortunately mine has had a few rough years since I had it, so there's a few rust spots I need to address.

tempImageYJQzgu.png

Whats your plans with the Golf? Remap? Theres guys in Bangor that do the Revo remaps, I think I'll take mine there, once the cosmetic stuff is sorted.

A4RON

RMS Regular
OP
A4RON
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Good choice, I bought a candy white Golf GTI last week as well! It was my old one that I always regretted selling, when the actual car I used to own came up on Gumtree, I had to buy it back. Unfortunately mine has had a few rough years since I had it, so there's a few rust spots I need to address.

View attachment 338023

Whats your plans with the Golf? Remap? Theres guys in Bangor that do the Revo remaps, I think I'll take mine there, once the cosmetic stuff is sorted.
Looked at that one also when I bought the 197 Clio , does he still do it ?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Yeah. There’s a sale on atm with the Revo stuff.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Did I see this on gumtree a few evenings ago?
Looks good.

For reference of the breaking up the white, my own back bumper had the insert painted.. Not the best photo but you get the idea. Darker tails take away a bit from the brightness of the colour coding too I suppose, but a bit of tinting and very little effort would do that if you fancied.

20170913_183122.jpg

20170913_183055.jpg

Not very good photos, but very good cars! (The black 406 weapon in the background there is still better though 😃)

A4RON

RMS Regular
OP
A4RON
Drives
Audi A3 8P -2011
Did I see this on gumtree a few evenings ago?
Looks good.

For reference of the breaking up the white, my own back bumper had the insert painted.. Not the best photo but you get the idea. Darker tails take away a bit from the brightness of the colour coding too I suppose, but a bit of tinting and very little effort would do that if you fancied.

View attachment 338070

View attachment 338071

Not very good photos, but very good cars! (The black 406 weapon in the background there is still better though 😃)
I really like this idea !!

Boksic

RMS Regular
I really like this idea !!

Well if you're open to suggestions then keep an eye out for a cheap set of Corsa vxr seats on eBay and get them retrimmed with the tartan. It's something I keep meaning to do even though I've nothing to put them in!