2009 Nissan GTR R35 Black Edition

scub

Banned
Nice as the car is, all I see here is bills - big fk off bills. if not today - soon & repeat!
but then every petrol head has to go through this at least once.... sweet 👍

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
This looks great, have you done many miles in it? I really love the idea of owning one, put off slightly with the cost of parts and stuff but I keep coming back to them.
Done around 50miles in 2 months, havnt got near it. Dont plan on driving it really until early next year, I have a things I want done to it first so gives me a bit of time.

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Not really too much to update. Absolutely loving the car & continues to make me smile when putting the pedal down :laughing: .

I removed the rear carbon fibre under tray for some cleaning underneath and thought I may as well change the rear diff oil. The Motful diff oil was still lovely and blue when drained. Changed for the OEM Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip 75W-140 and 1.35L added with new washers (someone is making a killing on these parts at Nissan). Nissan changed the oil quantity for the rear diff oil to avoid oil seal failure to reduce pressure on the half shaft seals.

Just flew through MOT after having to get a transfer to boucher due to the cars low ride height & the slim ramps & rollers only at Boucher. All clear for another year & everyone who seen the car was complimenting it, standard photo below:
19952F4A-C3F8-41BC-A0EB-70427E3EB41F.JPG

Shot from being out a few weeks back:
19A1FA8C-9C2B-4D50-B6B1-6385415CF436.JPG

The only other additions are a carbon fiber steering wheel cover, no pictures as yet & some minor engine bay details:
IMG_4765.jpg

Next plans before summer are:
G1 service, due in March
PPF cut out to protect door edge to rear arch area (to reduce chance of stone rash)
PPF cut out on all arches (again to protect from stone rash)
Proper detail, wheels off around arches, suspension components, calipers etc
GFB blow offs
CF centre console

zafturbo

RMS Regular
One of these passed me about 3am the other morning on the a75 and I swear he absolutely emptied it while overtaking me and I nearly sh1t myself I swear you not .Totally wasn’t expecting it but the view of the rear light circles going into the distance with the odd flash from each gear change lighting up the road would be near impossible to beat imo.stunning car and I’m sure it keeps you on your toes at all times.enjoy !.

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Few images from being out in the nice weather
I have:
1) new Miltek Unresonated Y-pipe to get fitted
2) PPF to get all arches, headlights, quarters (front & back of wheels/both sides). That will mean FULL front PPF'd.
3) A nice R35 plate to come (@WSM :cool: )

Will be booked in for engine oil & gear oil change. Engine oil not due for another 2.5K miles, Gear oil not due for another 11.5K miles but might as well get it done.
72A6325E-8AE2-4938-8357-3F1A3E08A50D.JPG
IMG_5641.jpg
IMG_5649.jpg
IMG_5653.jpg
IMG_5628.jpg
C3219567-492C-41A5-ADED-05829188B778.JPG
IMG_5465.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg
IMG_5472.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
@JonnyG-Tturbo nice GTR. How long have you had it now? I havnt read the thread much is it a litchfield tune or local?

Had it 10/11 months now.

Primarily AC Speedtech have done the major servicing and oils but a mixture as below on major items:

Nissan - up to 2016
SVM - Stage 1 in 2016
Kaizer motorsport - refurbed bellhousing (lifetime warranty), HD 2012+ stereo unit
Litchfield - Alcons front & rear
AC Speedtech - Stage4.25 late 2017 & several power runs, maps tweeks
AC Speedtech - gearbox piston clips, gearstops, remove ACM, deep clean solenoids & re-fit clips
JM Imports - upgraded clutch outer seal, new plates, clutch learn, extreme circlip upgrade, new VB solenoid
JM Imports - service, pre-sale readiness & inspection

The history is ridiculous which was the main reason for purchasing this one.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Im going to get one next year, just waiting to see what the 2017 models price is like first. If that cant be done then ill go DBA 2013/14 and ofcourse White lol..
Very nice setup you have. Few interior tweeks and she would be perfect in my eyes. Would you be tempted by a trackday?

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Im going to get one next year, just waiting to see what the 2017 models price is like first. If that cant be done then ill go DBA 2013/14 and ofcourse White lol..
Very nice setup you have. Few interior tweeks and she would be perfect in my eyes. Would you be tempted by a trackday?

Yes prices on the EBA are very competitive BUT they are still dropping quite quick for the earlier/2016 models. I would wait another 2/3 years and they would be at there natural lull! DBA shape - 2015 has the better upgrades (suspension, gearbox, lightning bolt lights, o ring tail lights, I would be aiming for that). Yes if i get another set of tyres I would do a track day alright. When you are seriously looking give me a shout.

I definitely need exterior carbon, especially the front. Looks quite plain front view compared to the sides and rear.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's stunning, really like the red detailing/trim against the black and white. Gives it a nice Nismo effect.

They're tremendous driving things, not much better out there for bang per buck imo.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Yes prices on the EBA are very competitive BUT they are still dropping quite quick for the earlier/2016 models. I would wait another 2/3 years and they would be at there natural lull! DBA shape - 2015 has the better upgrades (suspension, gearbox, lightning bolt lights, o ring tail lights, I would be aiming for that). Yes if i get another set of tyres I would do a track day alright. When you are seriously looking give me a shout.

I definitely need exterior carbon, especially the front. Looks quite plain front view compared to the sides and rear.
i think 14 onwards to the 16/17 had the same suspension..15 had the new rear lights? im not on forums so dont really know the detail..all i know is if i could afford it would be a facelift 17 track edition lol. GTR has a very good method for holding their value, 2009-12 will all hold their value to a degree on depreciation. as will all the other models with the way nissan hiked the prices everytime a new 'model' came out.
if i could just had the 17 interior in a c/dba track edition id be happy..

Next year will bring one of them i hope. When i am looking and its at that level ill give you a shout.

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyG-Tturbo
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
Quick update -

Service and inspection complete at Ricks Garage - engine oil, filter and full inspection. Will definitely be using Rick for all maintainence, give the car and myself full attention and he certainly knows what he’s talking about.
Clean bill of health bar recommendation for a new gearbox sump before changing gear oil and filter. Nothing to worry about but they do commonly start to corrode early on so will be ordering Litchfields billet sump (which is predrilled to run oil cooler if it’s ever needed). No major rush and it’s preventative measures only.