2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
It's been a couple of years since I've had anything really nice in the drive. With the wee one coming along and some needed house improvements the budget was well and truly tied up elsewhere.

But yesterday made the trip over to Nottinghamshire to bag myself a car I've wanted for years. I'll get better pictures up tomorrow when it's washed etc after its 350 miles trip home yesterday, didn't miss a beat and is utterly savage. Honestly never felt acceleration like it, that engine is a master piece.

2010 Jaguar XFR (507)
5.0 V8 Supercharged
Polaris White
39700 Miles from New
Full Jaguar Main Dealer History

Standard Spec
Adaptive Dynamics Suspension
Red and Charcoal Leather R Seats
Electric Heated and Cooled Seats
HDD Sat Nav Interface
Phone Preparation
Dark Oak Veneer Interior Trim
20” Nevis Supercharged Wheels
Dunlop Sport Maxx Tyres
Servotronic Steering
Intrusive Sensing
Cruise Control
Heated Windscreen
Electric Heated Folding Mirrors
Keyless Entry and Start
Auto Wipers

Optional Extras
Bowers and Wilkins 440w Surround Sound
Parking Aid Pack with Rear Camera
Dove Grey Seude Headlining
DAB Radio
Portable Audio Interface
XFR R100 Grill
XFR R100 Red Calipers

20160422_103320.jpg

Chris :cool:

Chris0

RMS Regular
If you think your going to get away without putting a video up of the noise and exhaust you are mistaken!

Very nice looking car

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I LOVE these. Been saying for ages I'd take one over an m3/c63. As soon as I can afford one there'll be one in the drive.

Health to enjoy Chris, would love to get a wee look around it at a meet or something over the summer!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Great choice! I've always had this on my 'if I need a bigger car' list. Nice spec too.

Not many of these over here so if I see one I'll know it's you!

brendy

RMS Regular
Awesome, Im trying to convince the missus that the X5 should be getting replaced with an XF, nor an R but will be fairly spectacularly torquey. BTW 350 miles home, did you go back via Cairnryan instead of liverpool?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thanks guys.

I looked at M3s but always wanted an XFR and prices seemed to have levelled out a bit on them so thought now was the time to buy.

Mod wise I've made a bit of starter list already however I'm going to give myself and couple of months to build the funds up again.

Eibach springs and spacers
Facelift rear diffuser
Ceramic coating ideally aswel.

brendy

RMS Regular
Thanks guys.

I looked at M3s but always wanted an XFR and prices seemed to have levelled out a bit on them so thought now was the time to buy.

Mod wise I've made a bit of starter list already however I'm going to give myself and couple of months to build the funds up again.

Eibach springs and spacers
Facelift rear diffuser
Ceramic coating ideally aswel.
Will the eibachs not screw with the adaptive suspension and terrain sensing? If it aint broke would be my thinking.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Now that is something else, bloody well done Chris, love it!

These sound sooooo good!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Will the eibachs not screw with the adaptive suspension and terrain sensing? If it aint broke would be my thinking.

Eibachs are the only ones that don't screw with it ... plus it's a subtle drop that most of the owners recommend on the forum.

Thanks again guys for the comments. Great motor must say. Absolutely bogging today but I've just been driving it at any opportunity today.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Big Eibach fan here too. Love that you always go a bit 'left field' on car choice. Looking forward to following your progress

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Wow, nice choice. As said, good to see something different. Most would've played it safe with an M or RS I imagine.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Big Eibach fan here too. Love that you always go a bit 'left field' on car choice. Looking forward to following your progress

Want to tidy up wee stupid things like calipers, centre caps and hubs but can't wait to get it lowered and spaced as they really suit it.

@Lyons M3 I will have at some stage but just fancied something different. Jag seems really reliable aswel going by the owners forum ... ZF box is pretty bomb proof and no real issues occur bar the interface screen can go tits up ... expensive problem but I have warranty on the car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.