2011 Audi Q5 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line Special Edition

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah Ricky, its just a short boat trip over but I just wish it was a lot cheaper to go over on or other options to hit the islands instead of having to go on the main ferry to cairnryan

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Not fancy riding down it on a bike? ;)

There were a few riders there and if I lived in the area that's probably what I would be into! The bikes look awesome and some of the runs and jumps looked crazy!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Finally got the Q5 Revo’d - big thanks to the guys at TG and Revo themselves for honouring the deal when they somehow didn’t have the map for my car.

A052CD91-AAAD-41FC-A60E-E3E1158C706D.jpeg

Feels great already but will take several more miles to break in so to speak.

Next on the list will be the exhaust and 3.0 rear valence but no real rush for that as yet.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Been very quiet on the Q5 front due to my wife needing it more or less every day and my son getting all the attention lol but she was away for a few days so decided to get some bits done to it while she was gone.

First off earlier this month was its MOT:

8472AF00-6031-4073-8CBD-AA6FCEB58A91.jpeg

I was seated so close hence the obligatory MOT photo which it sailed through thankfully.

So first thing to get done was to get the car decontaminated and application of gtechniqs new Exo V4 which I had done on my S3 at PMG.

Waiting to get started:

A84F82A8-D446-4F09-BD43-D9FC4B6D3411.jpeg

After, gloss and shine was amazing. Didn’t want to drive it lol thankfully last few days have been decent weather:

94717A25-D90C-49BB-BE14-832B0F92ABFF.jpeg

As you can see, finally got the plate on too!

Then was the overdue exhaust upgrade which I had bought the 3.0 valence months ago. Went to see Armo at Street Racer which was very convenient for me and did a great job. Sounds OEM and brightens up the rear a lot better than the old black crusty twin single exit pipes

55AF5503-BB37-48C2-A13A-98CA55E33B82.jpeg

I will probably have to wait until my wife is away again to do the next thing which is a wheel refurb. It badly needs done!

A part from that, all I can really see me doing next is adding cruise control which I miss from her old A3. We are still loving it especially now with the map however, still wish we got a 3.0 lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
@Lyons I know but you also know the score with kids. Had my Friday afternoon all planned out to wash it but didn’t get near it at all!

@Carson you’re right, so bad because of H&W at work. That’s this weekends job hopefully.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I’m impressed you still have time to do stuff like changing the exhaust tips and valence. I can just about manage to swap a set of wheels over twice a year!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I think you should change the fog lights I had the same yellow tinge ones in my Audi and changed them to bright white. See for miles on the coming home lights now. Hahaa
20190114_171108.jpg
Actually have a set for sale as I ordered double

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I think you should change the fog lights I had the same yellow tinge ones in my Audi and changed them to bright white. See for miles on the coming home lights now. Hahaa View attachment 225090 Actually have a set for sale as I ordered double

Yeah it has been suggested, what make/model are the bulbs?

That looks really well, I have a real desire for an SQ5 at the moment.

I would have a SQ5 tomorrow if we didn't have the Q5, really love the car, just wish it was DSG/Auto and more power

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I would have a SQ5 tomorrow if we didn't have the Q5, really love the car, just wish it was DSG/Auto and more power

Never had an SUV and really fancy one, having been used to the S3 for the last 3 years it would have to be an SQ5 to replicate the power.

Only problem is they are pretty pricey.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Never had an SUV and really fancy one, having been used to the S3 for the last 3 years it would have to be an SQ5 to replicate the power.

Yeah they hold their money but I think @Rob and @Marc had SQ5's and never gelled with them, in fact, didn't like them at all

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Yeah they hold their money but I think @Rob and @Marc had SQ5's and never gelled with them, in fact, didn't like them at all

We had a 2.0tdi Q5 S Line, hated it to be honest and couldn't shift it either. Ended up trading it in for an X3 30d and never looked back!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6

X3 30d and 35d can really move for their size, you should try one. Awesome cars that do pretty much anything you could want

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
X3 30d and 35d can really move for their size, you should try one. Awesome cars that do pretty much anything you could want

Some deals on them at the moment as well, seen all the BMW dealers here seem to have a load of them on stock offers.

Reactions: Rob