2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition Pack

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Some just don’t really care about having the paperwork although I would want it myself, I was happy enough with it all being on the Honda system anyways

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
So my iCar dongle arrived this morning and I done a few little coding changes. Namely, the seatbelt warning disabled, start stop memory and folding mirrors with the keyfob. That will keep me going for now and just put the dongle in the glovebox in the event that any fault codes come up. I was able to get the dongle for £25 on amazon and Bimmer code was £30. So it worked out cheaper that the Carly annual subscription alone never mind having to buy the dongle. Bimmercode is also a one off fee.
View attachment 282296

Probably a bit sad I know but I got myself a folder to keep all the paperwork for the car in. Country Garage were kind enough to print me out everything they have ever done to the car so thats good to have.
View attachment 282297

Another sad purchase but the brochure and original pricelist were only a couple of quid of ebay so I thought why not. Nice to have with all the cars other paperwork.
View attachment 282298View attachment 282299

Another RMS member bought this and I thought I'd get myself a copy for a wee read whilst I was waiting for the car to be ready for delivery. Nice to stick in the folder too.
View attachment 282300

Thats all my exciting updates over for today :joy:
Ah someone as sad as me 🤣🤣 I may or may not have a scale model also...

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Where did you get that :joy:
Mate play it cool. Let’s not talk about it in public...
I bought this when visiting the BMW factory but I really want the Kyosho scale model
294B6D21-9EF2-4EDB-BE75-EB98BA9BB626.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have a model of a Sprint Blue Fiat Coupe Turbo thar I bought in 1998 when I bought the real thing. Even has my number on lol. Still a treasured possession lol. Also have a heavy paper weight Macan model that Porsche sent me after buying the real thing.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I purchased this plate from the DVA site this morning. Just trying to decide if I should get shortened plates or just stick with standard. It will be the legal font as I can't be bothered with any hassle for metros etc. Opinions on shortened plates?
tidyreg - 2020-06-07T130309.114.png

@Darren91 did you get shortened plates recently? If so, where did you get them?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Defo shortened plate, a load of dead white and yellow space looks keek. I got my plates made up and shortened down by @Neil@rockvale

That's a cracking plate for the money!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Small plates only work if there’s no holder, or a sensible sized opening on the boot/bumper. Anything else just looks wrong.

Reactions: Ben

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Lovely car, got me looking at e92s (again!) lol

Would also just go for standard sized plates.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Standard plate for sure ....
IMO shortened plates look extremely tacky
I see an Audi A1 floating around with plates about half the length and I think they look ridiculous

davyk31

RMS Regular
Standard plate with the font 10mm smaller than standard looks very good, clean and modern.

Cro

RMS Regular
I run a 75% size plate on the front of my cars, standard font just everything scaled down. Been through MOTs as far back as i've had it. It's subtle enough that it looks nice and i'd be surprised if anyone has even noticed that I do

MarkM

RMS Regular
I purchased this plate from the DVA site this morning. Just trying to decide if I should get shortened plates or just stick with standard. It will be the legal font as I can't be bothered with any hassle for metros etc. Opinions on shortened plates?
View attachment 282546

@Darren91 did you get shortened plates recently? If so, where did you get them?

Haha I almost bought that plate yesterday! Had it in my basket lol :cool:

shorter plate, standard font for me

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Haha I almost bought that plate yesterday! Had it in my basket lol :cool:

shorter plate, standard font for me
I've been back and forward with it for a few days. Just couldn't see anything else that took my fancy at sensible money!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Nice plate !

Have you had the original plate off yet? That could make the decision for you as some clown could have drilled holes in the bumper :mad:

Either way, I’d go stock plate & font.

Reactions: Ben