2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition Pack

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nice plate !

Have you had the original plate off yet? That could make the decision for you as some clown could have drilled holes in the bumper :mad:

Either way, I’d go stock plate & font.
Yeah i was happy with the plate for the price!

I don't have it off yet as I cant put the new one on until the certificate. The car is going to AG next week to get a tidy up of both bumpers so was planning to get it smoothed while its in.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So after a little hiccup with SSDD sending me the black grills for a non M3 E92, the proper ones arrived today. Excellent fit and half the price of genuine ones.

Was an excuse to wash the car again...can't be fitting things to a dirty car! Articulate, Ultrafoam, Ultragloss, Ultraslick, Hybrid, Clearview and Hydraclean all got a touch. Hybrid smells so good!

Absolutely love the mineral white, especially in the sun.

The date for AG is pushed back till the start of July as he is flat out and i've decided to get the hubs and calipers freshened up at the same time. I also picked up the high kick carbon boot spoiler from Country Garage yesterday as it was in to get the drivers side cubby hole replaced and the front wheels balanced as there was a slight shake over 60mph after the wheels were refurbed. Glad to says its 100% now and Country Garage have been great with the couple of very minor issues.

It is booked in with @DT1 in mid July for the full works and a coating. Which one will be decided nearer the time.

Spacers are ordered and on their way from CM Wheels. I'll hold off on fitting them until the car has been to AG.

Still look at this and can't really believe its mine. Done about 600 miles in it so far and on my 3rd tank of super unleaded but the smiles per gallon are worth every penny.

20200611_193630.jpg
20200611_193514.jpg

20200611_192608.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I really wish I had put the comp pack wheels on mine. Looks great Nick! Davy will have her sitting like a new pin 😎

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I really wish I had put the comp pack wheels on mine. Looks great Nick! Davy will have her sitting like a new pin 😎
Thanks Pete. Yeah, Davy is excellent as he done my F31. The wheels really do make them. @pobmk4 is going to do the 2 pipe mod for me too after a bit of gentle persuasion :joy:

davyk31

RMS Regular
I know absolutely nothing about 2 or 4 pipe but know with male logic if you are deciding between two things and select the cheaper you will end up doing the more expensive one later and it likely costs a lot more overall.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Gemma :p ///M meet required
@NickR85 honestly, 4pipe it
4 pipe it mate. You’ll end up doing it anyway so save yourself a revisit
I know absolutely nothing about 2 or 4 pipe but know with male logic if you are deciding between two things and select the cheaper you will end up doing the more expensive one later and it likely costs a lot more overall.
Are we in the NIBMW bubble? :joy:

Its not really to do with cost, I was worried about it being too loud although as its only a second car it shouldn't really matter I suppose.... i'll see what I prefer when I hear both in person.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@NickR85 honestly it's not that loud. I've a decat pipe waiting to go on it for extra loudness cause 4pipe ain't loud lol

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Put the new plate on today. Think it looks well for the money.

There were about 10 sticky pads left behind from the old plates so a bit of tarminator and elbow grease got all that cleaned off.

Now to spend the weekend enjoying it!
20200620_140159.jpg
20200620_140142.jpg