2011 Scirocco hands free retrofit

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
My missus has a 2011 Scirocco GT with no hands free built in. It has buttons on the wheels and the radio (I don't know what the standard radio code is but have attached pics) for hand free but doesn't seem to function.

Can anyone suggest what's needed to retrofit this and where to get the bits? I've no probably physically fitting it but does it need coded to work? I've lost with this modern VW stuff tbh. She works Monday to Friday in the south so it would be ideal if I could do it at the weekend.

I'll tag @Lyons @Boydie @pobmk4 @BBSBOY @Dub_cub 89 as potentials who might know but anyone feel free to chime in.

IMG_20180923_203903.jpg

IMG_20180923_203917.jpg

Thanks,
Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Thanks Ian. It would be ideal for Steven or Paul to do it all but it's her getting time off is the problem. It's a rare occasions and with a few funerals in the last two weeks I think she's got all she can for a while :worried: hence my getting my hands dirty at a VW less than 15 years old lol

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I get you the number of a local guy Connor who done a few cars for me, he retro fitted Bluetooth into my father in laws B6 a few years back.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Did my Octavia a few weeks ago
Module-loom-mic and then needs coded

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
@natogreen16v sorry I’m of no help at all on this, I’m as bad as you with the 15 year thing, I’ve pretty much lost touch with anything vag released this past decade. Really need to update my username to jap_chap 89 lol

Glad you’re getting sorted, good knowledge and support on RMS still

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I had controllers, looms and mics for the 9w7 setup on these but I'm not sure what all I've got left, I'll have to check at the workshop tomorrow and see. But from memory it was about £190 for all the parts, the controllers have got ridiculously overpriced in the used market.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@pobmk4 what sort of time frame do you take to fit a kit? I'm wondering if I could bankrupt her by swapping the Bora and the Scirocco for a few days if she was working local and take it up to you

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
@gizmo98 that's the job. Thank you. I assume the mics and looms are all the same?

If your buying of eBay try and buy and original one,some of the Chinese ones require wiring and I haven’t a clue about that craic so wanted plug and play

The modules are different too afaik
Some won’t give Bluetooth streaming etc
9w2/9w3/9w7 etc

You’ll want a 9w7

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
All you need is the RNS315 or what ever it’s called with the built in Bluetooth and sat nav. It’s what I fitted to my Scirocco R.

Think I just had to buy the mic separate and it gets put into the roof light from memory. No need to strip any liners.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
RNS315 DAB would be ideal if you can get them at a sensible price, but it's also a smaller screen.
As @Boydie said, it's less wiring and hassle with only having to fit a mic

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
RNS315 DAB would be ideal if you can get them at a sensible price, but it's also a smaller screen.
As @Boydie said, it's less wiring and hassle with only having to fit a mic

As said I will recommend RNS315 and make sure its the DAB version. On a plus point you get SAT NAV with it also.
Plenty on Fleebay and sell decent price as they require no wiring and only an additional Microphone wire from Roof to the back of the headunit. Fitted this to both my Seat Leon's and Octavia.

PS: Just realised this is an old post :p

Last edited:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I just took the 315 out of my Amarok as the navigation is dreadful, it sends you down the weirdest roads and I got completely fed up with it. I didn't like the menu system on it either but it was grand for Bluetooth.

My sister has a Scirocco, I had previously fitted an RNS 510 with the Bluetooth Module and retrofit loom as pictured above in this thread. It's a piece of cake. I have now taken it all out again and put it into the Amarok, mighty job

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Dont want to start a new thread but is there any changes or cheaper ways to ad bluetooth to an rns510