2011 Seat Leon FR170

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rickyig207

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Its was time to say goodbye to the Gold Golf, so this Leon came up and i couldnt let it pass

Iv a few plans for it over the next few months...

Cherished plate transfer
Revo Map
Lowering springs
Tripple r front splitter
OEM Rear spoiler
Respray wheels slightly darker

c + c welcome

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lovely mate, facelift interior is a much nicer place to be than pre-facelift

Completely agree, facelift have such a better interior opposed to the plastic over kill on the pre facelift :worried:

Lovely car.

@deano1699 What spoiler is that on yours?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
The FR Leons seem popular this month :p I bought mine last week and its also a 2012 in Candy white

My car looks the same as yours and I have similar plans, any ideas on what springs you are going for? I just fitted a set of 18" CH's in gunmetal but it really needs lowered now

rickyig207

RMS Regular
OP
rickyig207
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Must have been going cheap this month! lol I havnt looked into the springs yet. It will be a couple of months before i get springs for it.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Must have been going cheap this month! lol I havnt looked into the springs yet. It will be a couple of months before i get springs for it.

Well January is always a good month to buy a car as far as prices go, it seems like Eibach sportline would be the best choice to lower the car a nice amount without being too low and apparaently they dont affect the comfort from what people say

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

I've my Leon on KW's, springs just don't lower them enough unfortunately as they are extremely high from standard :worried:

rickyig207

RMS Regular
OP
rickyig207
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Ill do a bit of research into the springs nearer the time but by the sounds of things ill avoid the KW's, cheers :grinning:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I've my Leon on KW's, springs just don't lower them enough unfortunately as they are extremely high from standard :worried:

Unless you want the car very low to the ground I think the eibach sportlines look perfect

Here is an example of sportlines fitted:

edittedleon.jpg
leon5.jpg

:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Black wheels make it look lower ... but yea for an everyday car eibachs do the job. Just sat too high for my liking still.

I understand what you mean and with coilovers you can have the car sitting perfect!

I have had various sets of coilovers over the years and just put a set of HSD's on the track car but for a daily driver and without spending a fortune, the above option has the car sitting well, doesnt cost a lot for the springs and apparantly the stock comfort is kept

What are the KW's like comfort wise? They are a coilover that I have never tried

rickyig207

RMS Regular
OP
rickyig207
Drives
MK2 Leon FR
Got the plate on the other week and it gave it a coat of Poorboys wax lastnight. Eibach Sportline springs ordered yesterday, hoping to have them by the weekend

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.