2012 VW Tiguan

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Gave up after 7 minutes, couldn’t bear any more of him! My wife would know more useful stuff about cars than he does! But I agree to the principle, I’m really enjoying mine- probably more than I should!

In other news, GTD wheel fitted last night. Could not get the original airbag off for ages. Ended up having to pull it up from the bottom, never encountered that before. A chunkier wheel makes such a massive difference, the standard one was horrible. Just need to hit it with a Flash Magic Sponge to lose the shine, then get the paddles coded.

CEB2F132-8398-4AF4-8C84-A4AE4A730280.jpeg

Next up, hopefully get the towbar fitted this weekend.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
They’re a decent bus. The in-laws had one which provoked my wife to get one last week. She had it all 2 days before an Englishman in a hire car didn’t see a give way sign approaching the fast Windyhill Road & wiped her out. Lauren is still so impressed by the DSG Tiguan she’s got another one lined up even before the insurance has paid out!

Boring, but you’ve wee ones in the family a bit of quality goes a long way.

View attachment 264963
View attachment 264964
View attachment 264965

Could have been a real bad one at those crossroads Barry, glad the motors stood up well to the impact.

56oval

RMS Regular
That's 10 mins I won't get back...

" buy my sh*te looking hoodies, I've bought a pensioners car ,"

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's 10 mins I won't get back...

Thought you meant after reading my thread! 😂

Wouldn’t blame you though!
@Lyons what exactly caused you to hate the X5 so much? I’d have assumed they were a good drive and a nice place to sit.

The ride on country roads was just awful. It was only on 20’s too, so not massive wheels. The difference between the drive on 19’s and 20’s was night and day, but it looked crap on 19’s.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Get a reversing camera while you’re at it. They’re great for hitching the trailer up.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’m usually able to make these decisions on my own, but I cannot decide what wheels to go for. Opinions welcome. I expect most if not all will say the 5 spoke ones, but I think the Tiguan needs a wheel with a bit more metal, hence the Audi ones.

36AEC072-65D9-44D0-A447-A4F84FD02D9E.jpeg
F7851E87-F276-4472-AC94-6FA6FBB79F5F.jpeg

In other news, since the last update I also took the plunge on a rear camera. Easy enough to fit and handy with the towbar. Albeit I’ve still haven’t towed anything yet due to lockdown!

236ABBAF-0895-440A-8CCF-6D90092D1465.jpeg

26B2C881-62FA-4C48-9162-5AA6D2DEEB9D.jpeg

Also fitted the DTUK box last night. Not going to be fun removing it before it goes to the garage each time, sadly on the 140hp engine the boost pressure sensor is at the bottom, so it’s an under tray etc off job. Not sure what setting to go for so will have to go for a few runs to see.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Great updates!

I much prefer the 5 spoke VW wheels. Looks "cleaner / fresher".

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great updates!

Not sure if that’s sarcasm or not?! 😂

Seeing the 2 photos side by side for the first time above, has convinced me the Audi ones are better. Need to get 2 refurbished then will get them on.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Camera would be on the middle if it was possible! Sadly there’s a handle there.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I must be the only one that prefers the original wheels on it. Great updates, how are you finding the difference with the tuning box? Trying to find one for mine.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I must be the only one that prefers the original wheels on it. Great updates, how are you finding the difference with the tuning box? Trying to find one for mine.

only went to the post office there, need to get a decent run. How do you decide which setting to go for? Surely it’d take forever to go through them all?

colin84

RMS Regular
Definitely the 5 spoke wheels, they were made for the Tiguan

What other VW wheels do you have in stock?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
only went to the post office there, need to get a decent run. How do you decide which setting to go for? Surely it’d take forever to go through them all?

i ran the GTD on 2+1 and found it was the best of both worlds, smooth and not like a racehorse out of the traps when taking off.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Don't like the plain fat 5 spoke but the split 5 spokes are nice. I think the Audi's have won me however, defo seem beefier for that type of car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.