2013 passat warning lights/messages

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
The story the wife told me:

Taking off at a junction, lost abit of traction, wheels skidded abit then all these warning lights and messages started coming on.
Her dad backs her up on this story 🤔

Anyway, would that have tripped all this to happen:
Tyre monitoring system not recording
ABS/ESC not active
Start/stop not active
Bend lighting function not active
(wording may be abit different)

Then the dash fires up all these lights:

IMG_20200101_121316.jpg

Aware I'll probably need it plugged to find out exactly but just troubleshooting at the min untill I can get that planned.

Car driving away as normal

Last edited:

robbiers2000

RMS Regular
Drives
ford focus tdci
same as mine but abs is intermittent ath the min but ESC comes on. and tyre monitoring and traction control light always on. if you get sorted let me know please.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Rear wheel speed sensor/wheel bearing pick up ring. Do these quite regularly in VW.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
It'll probably be one of the rear sensors, it's the only thing I ever have to replace on the b7/b8 Passat.

I'll guess rear left :joy: saying as we have no other info to go on

P.s. only use a genuine sensor....these things are temperamental with aftermarket crap.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It'll probably be one of the rear sensors, it's the only thing I ever have to replace on the b7/b8 Passat.

I'll guess rear left :joy: saying as we have no other info to go on

P.s. only use a genuine sensor....these things are temperamental with aftermarket crap.
Mine was rear right lol.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
I'm in no way mechanically minded so will give the mechanic a call on Monday and see where we go from there

Thanks for the info so far đź‘Ť

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
The mother’s CC is the same, exact same lights as these think it’s the same abs sensor fault as this.

what is it with volkswagens and dials lit up like a Christmas tree? Lol

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Randomly everything is back to normal again and working as should be.
I haven't had time to get it looked at by the mechanic but wife sent me a pic today of all the dash lights off and no warning messages coming up when you start the car.

Checked a few things earlier and all seems to be working again. Start/stop, cornering headlights, tyre pressure etc.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Mine was intermittent for a few weeks then stayed on permenantly for a few months till the mot was due when I got it fixed.