2015 Audi S3 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So following the Golf R sale which I may regret as I loved that car............………………...

It went up for sale on a whim as really, with a new job involving 3 or 4 50 mile round trip M1 commutes at silly o'clock when theres no traffic I meant to get a cheap car that was cheap to run but...……………….

Test drove -

A BMW M2, fun to drive fast on a dry road but too hard to live with especially in the winter I imagine, they look ace in long beach blue

A BMW i3, cool car but a lot of money for a car that's supposed to be cheap to run, I will have an electric car someday soon. The silent elastic acceleration is a novelty.

A new Golf R dsg, much the same as my golf R but lots more money

A MK7 GTD golf dsg, much the same as my golf R but with a crap engine and the salesman hit a wall in the dealership and put a foot long dent in an otherwise perfect car which didn't help:joy:. What a spanner!

A diesel Clio, terrible but only 2 grand

An Audi S3 in Audi, classy golf R with heated leather and sat nav ...…………….......amazed myself and bought it! I was intending to kick tyres and drink Audi's coffee with macaroon's(y)

FSH with Audi and serviced last week, 4 new tyres, all 4 wheels just refurbed and its immaculate.

It rides a bit better than the Golf but that's maybe as it has 18" wheels rather that 19" on the Golf.
The sound generator is much more subdued, the one in the Golf R in race is like a Vtec with no airbox, too loud.
The controls are better in the centre consul, I never liked the touch screen idea in a car much as its a challenge on a bumpy road trying to hit the right button

d241c59394be4a9484f034564e5a6bb8.jpg
07c4d952d5874e699baa3b7b0f7f2eba.jpg
007b6cf0079948b0bd332617939b3e52.jpg

Last edited:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Very nice, glad you didn't go for the Demo R, that would of been financial suicude lol

Enjoy Mike

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I was thinking the same but I doubt I'll bother, Mr. Audi said they got one dechromed recently by getting all the bits wrapped at a cost of £300.

I'll think on it...………….

Not terribly far off it - I got the chrome trim around the windows and roof rails wrapped in the Q5 and it cost £250 from Auto Skins NI - I bought a genuine black edition front grills but you can pick them up for the A3/S3 handily enough for the 8V

I think from memory you can just buy the trim that goes around the fog surrounds instead of the whole unit

mmc01

RMS Regular
I was thinking the same but I doubt I'll bother, Mr. Audi said they got one dechromed recently by getting all the bits wrapped at a cost of £300.

I'll think on it...………….

Blacklinestyling on Instagram. Done my Mrs’ car for me for like £150 or something recently. Decent job and comes to you.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Waiting eagerly to hear about this...

Seriously tempted to get mine done..

Transforms the car and makes it how it should - all you need is the map but it will benefit from an intake or at least the basic mods you can do without making it too expensive.
  • Removing the plastic tray inside the air box
  • Changing the panel filter
  • Removing the top part of the grill underneath the surround
  • Opening up the front right side of the air intake

My S3 is Stage 3+ now and its a hoot!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Transforms the car and makes it how it should - all you need is the map but it will benefit from an intake or at least the basic mods you can do without making it too expensive.
  • Removing the plastic tray inside the air box
  • Changing the panel filter
  • Removing the top part of the grill underneath the surround
  • Opening up the front right side of the air intake

My S3 is Stage 3+ now and its a hoot!

Should really get my finger out and do those mods.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.