2015 Audi S3 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
All done in preparation for map @Boydie I did the same in my Golf from memory........

Snow grid removed
Front of intake opened up
New air filter in

I have all these mods done to mine, I have also removed the resonator.

Who is doing your remap?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
TG performance in Bangor, REVO.

By resonator I assume you mean the exhaust. I looked into the turbo resonator but figured there was next to nothing to gain. I'd love stage 2 but it's a lot of money for less gain.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
You have two silencers basically in the exhaust - the back box and the middle resonator

A lot of owners take out the middle resonator to free up more noise - has no performance benefit

Me personally, I kept the resonator and went valveless on my Milltek - sounds good and not in your face crackly

Stage 2 will see you with an extra 100bhp or there abouts just so you know but yes, can be expensive but there are a lot of second hand parts out there now for good money if it tickled your fancy.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So it's done and I can now say that this

phpqRmWao.full.jpg

Plus launch control equals a facial reaction like this........

th.jpg

Really is silly how fast a DSG S3 can get to license loosing speed.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So you notice a considerable difference then with the revo .i think I should of went with them on the s4
Yes definitely, it's just like standard until you extend the throttle.

I've had other cars mapped before by other people as well as REVO, REVO is the best so while it's expensive I belive you generally get what you pay for in life and when it comes to a good car why would you get a cheap remap in the same way why would you fit cheap tyres? That's not my style.

Who mapped your S4?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good job - believe it or not Revo go up to Stage 4 for the DSG but that includes new plates. Mine is currently their Stage 3 TCU software

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Yes definitely, it's just like standard until you extend the throttle.

I've had other cars mapped before by other people as well as REVO, REVO is the best so while it's expensive I belive you generally get what you pay for in life and when it comes to a good car why would you get a cheap remap in the same way why would you fit cheap tyres? That's not my style.

Who mapped your S4?
It’s apr at the minute .stage 2 .

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Just seeing the above now :rolleyes: sorry.

Eh no, don't think so but I am taking a run down tomorrow to look at changing it to something similar with more doors. Fed up getting hit on the head with my own seat when I'm getting my wee girl in and out of the back seat.

It may be up for sale...…………………...offers?

E4mon

RMS Regular
Just seeing the above now :rolleyes: sorry.

Eh no, don't think so but I am taking a run down tomorrow to look at changing it to something similar with more doors. Fed up getting hit on the head with my own seat when I'm getting my wee girl in and out of the back seat.

It may be up for sale...…………………...offers?

Sounds like you need a Cupra estate....swapsies??

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Sounds like you need a Cupra estate....swapsies??
No thanks, no estate requirements!

Have just come back from Audi having looked at a 17 RS3 hatch and a 16 S3 Saloon 310............ I now find myself really wondering why I would sell mine!

Bar the ease of having more doors and in the case of the RS3 having a virtual cockpit and a slightly better noise for me they aren't worth the big jump in money and again, in the RS3 it's x2 the money of my car. My car is almost as fast as the RS3 as well.

Man maths isn't working the way I expected here 8-|

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
No thanks, no estate requirements!

Have just come back from Audi having looked at a 17 RS3 hatch and a 16 S3 Saloon 310............ I now find myself really wondering why I would sell mine!

Bar the ease of having more doors and in the case of the RS3 having a virtual cockpit and a slightly better noise for me they aren't worth the big jump in money and again, in the RS3 it's x2 the money of my car. My car is almost as fast as the RS3 as well.

Man maths isn't working the way I expected here 8-|

Just swap for an S3 Sportback?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Just swap for an S3 Sportback?
If it was a swap that would be fine but it will involve a pile of money too and I don't see the point as my car is perfect....... bar a lack of doors.

My heart says RS3 but my head says its not worth it.

G80 M3 with X-Drive will be the ticket for me.......................in about 5 years

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I had a massive F##K IT moment after my mum died recently so a deal has been done on something new and my lovely S3 will be for sale in a few days. Its a perfect car really but I like new driving experiences.

2015 dsg
36600miles
Extras...... Nav, upgrade sound system, parking sensors, folding mirrors, privacy glass and Revo

PM if anyone fancies it.

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Great car for someone(y) Sorry to read about your mum’s passing.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Sorry to hear about your mum, lost mine 3 years ago and wasn’t an easy time.

looking forward to seeing what you have replaced the Audi with.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I had a massive F##K IT moment after my mum died recently so a deal has been done on something new and my lovely S3 will be for sale in a few days. Its a perfect car really but I like new driving experiences.

PM if anyone fancies it.
Sorry about your mum.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Thank for the kind words

She was not that old but cancer does not care about age, health or wealth and it did put things in a different perspective for me. It made me realise life is not that long so do what you want while you can as you can never be sure what's ahead of you.

Anyway, new (well new to me) car is being delivered tomorrow and then me and the missus are away for a few days to Enniskillen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.