2015 Mk7 Golf R

AC

RMS Regular
I spied a nice clean red R drive past my house not too long ago and recognised the reg, car looks well @Petem86 !

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
So after two trips back to the dealer with wheel bearing issues, they finally decided to fit OEM stuff that finally fixed the issue.

Class.

Refitted the DTUK, 2 miles down the road...lights galore. Turns out it looks like the box has shat the bed. And of course it's probably 3rd hand, so no warranty or come back....any electrical wizards in the house?

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
So after two trips back to the dealer with wheel bearing issues, they finally decided to fit OEM stuff that finally fixed the issue.

Class.

Refitted the DTUK, 2 miles down the road...lights galore. Turns out it looks like the box has shat the bed. And of course it's probably 3rd hand, so no warranty or come back....any electrical wizards in the house?
@BBSBOY

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

Class.

JB4

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Them things are for the rich and\or famous lol...I am neither

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
So what's different between that and DTUK? I've seen it mentioned on VWROC aswell.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Them things are for the rich and\or famous lol...I am neither
Neither am I but I had a DTUK box on an STTDCI Focus before and while I was pleased with it for the price I got it for, it wasn't great. An APR or REVO map in a good car feels like factory, looks like factory but definitely does not go like it left the factory.

I get your thinking though, the price of a good map is mad and only adds a little to the cars value.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So what's different between that and DTUK? I've seen it mentioned on VWROC aswell.

Better box than the DTUK and has variable switchable maps and connections to AFR and OBD. I bought one for my Golf but never fitted it. Planned to use it on the S3 but sold it as I’m happy enough with the 300bhp in standard form.

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Finally part of the cool crew.
No metro playes (yet)

That should please someone, eh?

20181015_174443.jpg

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Cheers ,too many to choose from, that one just stood out for whatever reason.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Cheers ,too many to choose from, that one just stood out for whatever reason.

I know what you mean, its one digit out from the reg on mine. Give a flash of the lights if you see me around Ards (I go through it most days).

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Glad you specified lights there lol

Will do, thought I rarely drive it during the day during the week, it would be more weekends, but I'll keep an eye.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Haldex oil change day.

Did you know there is an unthinkable way to under the VW 'D' clips?View attachment 212792

And thats why you pop the pump out and clean that wee plastic filter. Though to be honest I've seen worse but it looks like it definitely needed done. VW still say that it doesn't though which is strange as it would be an easy money maker for them.

Any after pics?