2015 MT-09 Tracer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
So I recently went out to buy a dining room table from EZ Living across from Charles hurst, and thought I'd call in for a look seeing as we were there already...

...So naturally here is my new MT-09 Tracer

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

Plans so far are exhaust. I have never owned a motorcycle this quiet and its mighty unusual.

The bike itself is just outstanding in every way, for road use its just everything I could ever need. As someone who has only ever ridden sports bikes its nice to not be crippled by it after riding for an hour. Not really ever ridden a triple before either, theres torque absolutely everywhere and just so much get up and go.

Just need to make up my mind now about keeping the R1....

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love that story lol. Looks like it would soak up the miles with ease.

I'd be keeping the R1 if you can!

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Lovely bike, im hoping to get a MT-09 for my first bike once i get my mortgage through

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Had a mighty fine time down round the peninsula on it. Some bit of gear this, properly impressed by how well it handles in the bends for the size of it

IMG_2248.jpg

NotKG

Banned
i liked the mt09, was just disappointed in how hard it rev'd at 70mph. thought i was on a 600, acceleration and ride was brilliant, and i'm no lightweight. wheelied far too easy too.
maybe with the newer models and the tracer touring style, they might have took a tooth of the back , & gave it some slack. and still leave it very capable.
ken MT09.jpg
and i had a rip on the new r1, think the tracer is still the one in the middle to go for.
maybe take a spin on the MT10 and compare it. i do fancy them, mght be different minded after a spin.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
i liked the mt09, was just disappointed in how hard it rev'd at 70mph. thought i was on a 600, acceleration and ride was brilliant, and i'm no lightweight. wheelied far too easy too.
maybe with the newer models and the tracer touring style, they might have took a tooth of the back , & gave it some slack. and still leave it very capable.
View attachment 147544
and i had a rip on the new r1, think the tracer is still the one in the middle to go for.
maybe take a spin on the MT10 and compare it. i do fancy them, mght be different minded after a spin.

I don't find it too bad at 70, probably in around 4-5k rpm but Id rarely venture over these speeds anyway! Haven't tried to get the front wheel off the ground on this one yet but I don't think it would struggle too much with the amount of torque it has!

The R1 is just riding a missile, and its a wonderful experience but for almost every single road going need the tracer is better, and the MT10.... Ive only heard good things about them, I'm sure its an absolute demon.

Like that. Did you buy a table? :yum

Yes lol was a much less exciting experience though!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
The Tracer ended up being a commuter for a week due to a broken spring in the other half’s car.... so it needed an almighty wash. It was never before seen levels of dirty.

7B29D523-7A85-423D-A3C5-17FA9B351173.jpeg

Also had a go with one of these chain cleaning tools, always thought they were a gimmick but it’s proved me wrong. Very very impressed with it!

54870766-87DA-4407-9D97-9E494B483CD2.jpeg

2C576EB1-E912-458F-9B73-BA0E52A6EDC4.jpeg

Still on the fence about selling it, would be much easier if it wasn’t such a damn good motorcycle.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Those brushes are great, I use one for the initial chain cleaning when washing and keep a supply of toothbrushes for finetuning before I relube.

Any extra mileage out of a chain is a bonus

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Been looking out for something the last month or so. Thinking 2013-Tiger Sport 1050 or the Tracer 9. Haven't ridden either of them yet. Tracer seems very good value.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@Polobrat666 Yeah I was shocked, Id usually just use a rag and my finger before! There's only about 4500 miles on this bike anyway I hope there's quite a bit of life left in it, just need to keep on top of it!

@Apis The Tiger was the other bike I looked at too, test drove an 07/08 model (don't know how much different the newer ones are) and thought it was brilliant..... until I took the Tracer out, feels so so much lighter, you honestly wouldn't have any idea your on a big bike when your riding it. Engine feels much more lively too, definitely think the Tracer outdoes it big time on the looks as well.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
@warren I'm swaying towards the newer 13-on 1050 sport because compared to the older tiger it has a bit more power, comfier seat, especially for pillion. I believe the Tracer is a lot lighter, better looking and not as top heavy but hey, I think I just have a thing where I want to own a Triumph for the first time.
However, a tracer in that lovely metallic red would be hard to pass over. And there's actually not that many late model Tiger 1050s around anyway. 800s and 1200s seem more common.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@Polobrat666 Yes, yes it does lol

New stuff out of the box and onto the bench

IMG_1753.jpg

Old exhaust out, wasnt actually as bad as I thought, we managed to wriggle it out past the centre stand eventually and in once piece. Weighs and absolute ton.

IMG_1754.jpg

Unwrapped

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

And then fitted to the bike. Looks and sounds so much better, its furiously loud, and the flames are fantastic :laughing:

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

Many thanks to @Ceebl for the hand, would have been very difficult to do alone. Sadly not going to take it out today though, my new downpipes are very shiny and I'd like to keep them that way for a little while at least :laughing:

Video to follow shortly.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
That stock system is horrendous looking and if it was anything like the MT07 that sounded like a dyslexic sewing machine *shudder*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.