2016 Carbon Steel Grey MK7 Golf GTD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

joel44w

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap scrap
So recently acquired this to replace my current 2013 2.0GT TDI Golf

2016 GTD 3 door in Carbon Steel Grey in Manual

Has optional 19" Santiago wheels from factory and being a 2016MY comes with sat nav as standard, plus all the other good spec that comes with the GTD

Just after giving it a little detailing before getting it on the road by giving it a buff with my DA Polisher and then given a few coats of Naviwax :grinning:
IMG-20181222-144815-2.jpg

IMG-20181222-144300-2.jpg

IMG-20190105-140933-2.jpg

IMG-20190105-140258-2.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
A lot of these popping up on RMS lately and it’s not hard to see why. Lovely in that colour with those wheels. HTD.

joel44w

RMS Regular
OP
joel44w
Drives
Jap scrap
A lot of these popping up on RMS lately and it’s not hard to see why. Lovely in that colour with those wheels. HTD.

Yeah they're the perfect all rounder! Good performance with high MPG and £20year tax!

That’s lovely, I seriously considered this color when ordering mine.

Its a weird colour too as it changes in different lighting!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Lovely motor, these golfs are very popular on here these days, looks a lovely place to sit

Lee

RMS Regular
Thats nice! The wheels really help it, the standard wheels are just an inch too small.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Looks great. I am really pleased with ours too. As you say it changes depending what way the light hits it.

joel44w

RMS Regular
OP
joel44w
Drives
Jap scrap
Very nice, wheels are a lovley upgrade! Why manual over the DSG box?
Thanks!
Just guess it was the right spec and colour I wanted in 3 door that came up! DSG would of been nice to get, but still like the manual anyway!

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Thanks!
Just guess it was the right spec and colour I wanted in 3 door that came up! DSG would of been nice to get, but still like the manual anyway!

The colour is great, and I really like those wheels.

DSG is a great box. You can’t go wrong with the manual though. What sort of MPG does it return?

joel44w

RMS Regular
OP
joel44w
Drives
Jap scrap
Done a few wee bits to it since getting it

Got Golf R rear lights , climair sport wind deflectors on , Maxton rear spoiler extension , VWR Lowering Springs in and wheel spacers on (15mm front 20mm rear)

Very Happy with how its sitting right now:grinning: the VWR springs bring it to the perfect height with very little change in the ride comfort!

Last edited:

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Must the first one I’ve really liked with those wheels, perfect. Ever any issue with the short rear plate?

joel44w

RMS Regular
OP
joel44w
Drives
Jap scrap
Must the first one I’ve really liked with those wheels, perfect. Ever any issue with the short rear plate?

Have had no issues with it yet. The sizing of the plate is fine as you need atleast 11mm of a border around the letters. I have about 25mm on the rear iirc. The only thing they could sting me on is the metro font and its size of font.

Would have a short one on the front but VW decided to put big massive holes in the bumper to hold the plate holder :worried:

Reactions: DC.
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.