2017 Alpine White M140i

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
For once I agree with you. I’d go for the maxton designs kit like the motech cars. I was very tempted for a shadow edition before I bought the m4
The maxton kits not a horrible fit like they are for the golfs?

Gemma

RMS Regular
Wouldn't be for me either tbh .reminds me of a spoiler you'd see on a Corsa

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Not keen on the duck bill look - also not keen on the maxton stuff, particularly the spoiler which looks stuck on! I opted for a carbon fibre look spoiler ordered online

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Not keen on the duck bill look - also not keen on the maxton stuff, particularly the spoiler which looks stuck on! I opted for a carbon fibre look spoiler ordered online
I had order the carbon fibre spoiler from eBay and it came cracked, it didn’t seem to be a great fit. Seem to be hit and miss

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Service light popped up on the m140i after 4 months of ownership. Bavarian have been great and agreed to do the service and full health check free of charge!

Some people seem to have bad words to say about Bavarian but I have nothing but good words to say from purchase to warranty and service work

Dave..

RMS Regular
Service light popped up on the m140i after 4 months of ownership. Bavarian have been great and agreed to do the service and full health check free of charge!

Some people seem to have bad words to say about Bavarian but I have nothing but good words to say from purchase to warranty and service work
I agree they have been great with me. Dan in service called out to our house and reset my dash cams and also reset Christine’s in her new Mini.
10/10

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
How are you finding your m140i after a few months of ownership? I keep finding myself looking at your m performance wheel, makes such a difference to the interior. It may well be on the list after springs and spacers

Dave..

RMS Regular
How are you finding your m140i after a few months of ownership? I keep finding myself looking at your m performance wheel, makes such a difference to the interior. It may well be on the list after springs and spacers
Before you get one try my car to see if you like it.
I have hands like spades and think it is a bit thin.

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Does it feel thinner than the standard wheel?

I actually have a wheel retrimmed from Carbon 500 - alcantara, red stripe up top and m stitching. It’s slighlty thicker than standard, but agree that it totally transforms in interior.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
The other half should be getting one of these in a week or so. It’s a shadow edition. What’s the score with the performance back box. . It needs programming for it. Is that right.

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
The other half should be getting one of these in a week or so. It’s a shadow edition. What’s the score with the performance back box. . It needs programming for it. Is that right.
If the car is post Jul 18 bmw won’t fit the m performance exhaust too it because of the new regulations. Not sure if it throws up a fault if one is fitted anyway

Dave..

RMS Regular
If the car is post Jul 18 bmw won’t fit the m performance exhaust too it because of the new regulations. Not sure if it throws up a fault if one is fitted anyway
It does, that’s why my was only on for 3 hours.
The Remus exhaust is supposed to be okay.

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Very interesting video, they talk about the development of the B58 engine and the extensive reliability testing carried out by Toyota

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Very interesting video, they talk about the development of the B58 engine and the extensive reliability testing carried out by Toyota

Very interesting indeed.

Also with the upcoming BootMod3 release, there will be plenty of opportunity for easy upgrades!

StuartS

RMS Regular
OP
StuartS
Gave the M140i a clean today in preparation for cars and coffee in Dundonald on Sunday.

780C0B32-76F5-4EF0-BF22-3D1A9CE389F0.jpeg
1EC148C1-9BF1-4806-99C1-7C2924AFFB24.jpeg

Also picked up this new registration today relatively cheap.

C3A88DA5-2AE3-48E9-9231-A290C2569A31.jpeg