Proud that I got our entire old kitchen into the Q5 :joy:

1675774806748.png

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Finally got a day to make the car the way I like them after a winter of snow foam and a vacuum.

Snow foam
Wash
Light compound
Machine polish
C4 trim restoration
Engine wash
Exhaust polished
Vacuum
Glass

And got the corroded wheels off .........

DSC_2842.JPG
DSC_2830.JPG
DSC_2840.JPG
DSC_2833.JPG
DSC_2835.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The want for a fast EV is in my head again but this BMW suits all my needs so well. I just left the original set of corroded wheels into Bodyworx as I'll need a new set of tyres in a few months. Asked them for a full coat of light ferric grey. Re cut diamond finish would be a waste of time imo.

A Tesla M3 Performance would be great but........

It won't carry as much, like a set of marine dock fenders or a full boat interior
It won't tow
It'll be a pain when I have to go to Fermanagh and back

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Lovely car & great spec! .. Same wheels that's on my 430 & I had my wheels off & refurbed all one colour before I even got the car home :joy: think all painted looks 1000x better and the diamond cut doesn't age well. Jobs a gooden(y)

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I've had a wee buldge in a tyre for months but due it progressing to this after an hour on the M1 I thought it best to get the old tyres off 😱

DSC_3140.JPG

I bought a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 star rated runflats at cast expense and put them on the refurbished wheels. I absolutely love that new set of tyres feeling, I think it's coming from motorbikes when anew tyres felt soooo good 😊

DSC_3149.JPG
DSC_3148.JPG
DSC_3146.JPG
DSC_3147.JPG

I'm not fussed on the ferric grey, should have gone silver but I'll just have to get to like it. The old wheels have no corrosion and only one minor kerb mark in one.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Just read my own message back and the spelling is terrible.
It's not that I can't spell, it's that I need to wear my glasses for such things and the consequences of not doing so is evident 🫣😆

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Who refurbed your wheels? they look great! It’s currently on my to do list.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the wheels look good. Personally I think it would look even better without the splitter and M Performance strips.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Who refurbed your wheels? they look great! It’s currently on my to do list.

Bodyworx in Magheralin, perfect job

I think the wheels look good. Personally I think it would look even better without the splitter and M Performance strips.

I like it, I wouldn't have fitted it but it was factory done

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I gave the car a good clean today and while it's never really dirty as I never let it get bad it really does look immaculate.

Usually I just snow foam it, clean the wheels and keep the interior mint as that way swirls and scratches can't happen. I take this philosophy more so in the winter when it's more likely a scratch can happen and there's little point anyway 😆 Today I spent hours on it.

After a year of ownership the car's paint is still exceptional even in my LED lit garage where scratches have nowhere to hide 😮

Got it serviced 2 weeks ago too, it wasn't due according to the I drive but 12000 is long enough for oil imo.

I nearly had it sold a while back but that fell through although I'm sill thinking on an EV but this is a brilliant car. An MG4 X Power maybe..............

DSC_3351.JPG
DSC_3350.JPG

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Don’t sell; you’ll regret. I did. Even coming into an M2 Comp from my ‘35d, the torque is what you’ll immediately miss (630nm!) unless you’re in something immense. Not much can touch the ‘35d for practicality and performance and relative low cost of upkeep.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Don’t sell; you’ll regret. I did. Even coming into an M2 Comp from my ‘35d, the torque is what you’ll immediately miss (630nm!) unless you’re in something immense. Not much can touch the ‘35d for practicality and performance and relative low cost of upkeep.
Funny I did consider a newer 340d MSport touring but the price 😱 for very little difference. A brand new one the spec of mine is 70k!!!!

I test drove an M2 years ago expecting to love it but I actually found there was nothing I loved about it except the way it looked. Bought an Audi S3 instead.