2017 Golf GTD 7.5

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
nice meeting you today mate at revo, i have to say your car looks superb and the seats are perfection,

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
me and the missus just updated our fleet their this week; she got a red GTD 5 door (mainly for me) and we have a mk2 Audi TT.
Is the golf lowered? was thinking of putting 19' on it.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
me and the missus just updated our fleet their this week; she got a red GTD 5 door (mainly for me) and we have a mk2 Audi TT.
Is the golf lowered? was thinking of putting 19' on it.

Yeah I have VWR Springs in it with the 19" wheels. Nice drop and still driveable.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yeah I have VWR Springs in it with the 19" wheels. Nice drop and still driveable.
I might have asked this before but is yours a DCC car? Also, are they much firmer/harsher than standard?

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
I might have asked this before but is yours a DCC car? Also, are they much firmer/harsher than standard?

I don't have DCC nope - but you can fit different springs with it no problem.

They are better than standard springs, much sportier/planted feeling on the road. Ride quality is great too

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I don't have DCC nope - but you can fit different springs with it no problem.

They are better than standard springs, much sportier/planted feeling on the road. Ride quality is great too

How is the Revo going?

Blashill

Drives
Mk7.5 GTD DSG
Hi , I am just about to collect my new car GTD DSG Mk7.5, i have the 19 inch rims on it too but wondered where you got your spacers from? what brand and wondered if it causes any issues? i presume with the spacer kit you get new lug bolts and lockers?

Motech do a kit but seems like its only 12mm front and back.
want to get mine sat like yours if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
How is the Revo going?
Night and Day mate.

Hi , I am just about to collect my new car GTD DSG Mk7.5, i have the 19 inch rims on it too but wondered where you got your spacers from? what brand and wondered if it causes any issues? i presume with the spacer kit you get new lug bolts and lockers?

Motech do a kit but seems like its only 12mm front and back.
want to get mine sat like yours if possible.

Any help greatly appreciated

I have 12mm H&R in the front and 25mm Eibachs in the back. Personally, for bigger sizes I would only buy spacers which bolt on the hub instead of extended bolts.

Definitely gives it a nice fat look...

A5AF682E-9DED-47FA-850D-8D00117E49D0.jpeg

pinto200

RMS Regular
is there much difference between the revo map and the tuning box? I quite liked the idea of the box but there was a couple on here that seemed to be up for sale after a short time .

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
is there much difference between the revo map and the tuning box? I quite liked the idea of the box but there was a couple on here that seemed to be up for sale after a short time .

Mine just sold today (well hopefully) and I have to say I was impressed with it. Mark loves the map though.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Update.

Last winter I had a bad experience with the wheels, the salt on the road had interfered with the Diamond Cut finish. Reading on the forums it seems to be a common issue with them. I was lucky enough to have VW replace all 4 under warranty.

As I want to keep the Brescia wheels good for a few shows next year I went and bought a set of Gunmetal Pretorias.

So paid NuLuk a visit today and they swapped the tyres onto the Pretorias for me and when fitting we moved the spacers about. Gotta say I am chuffed with how they look.

Brescias washed, sealed and boxed up for next year...
53870B1E-B76F-4495-B965-C6F49F4796FB.jpeg

Pretorias on...

9811C8C2-1D30-4CF0-B3ED-3BC3B84EA7F2.jpeg

FE0F9DF9-6DF2-4C99-9DD8-BBACD93A915B.jpeg

1E69F559-7981-4626-9EAB-6E9C5A680D46.jpeg

4E15C7A2-8F01-488E-BC19-A5CA291F8D79.jpeg

Mark

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks well, prefer the Brescia’s personally.

Not sure if it’s some sort of Instagram filter you use, but would be nice to see some normal photos!

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Definitely fill the arches better. I prefer the prets at the minute.

Thought the brake size would be an issue with such an open wheel but it hasn’t bothered me so far!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Definitely fill the arches better. I prefer the prets at the minute.

Thought the brake size would be an issue with such an open wheel but it hasn’t bothered me so far!

What size are the spacers? Looks a wee bit much at the rear but could be the pic just. I prefer the Prets too. Love how clean this always is. I’ve been off all week and still haven’t managed to clean mine :oops: