2017 Mineral White ///M4 ZCP

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
You do mainly motorway miles Chris? This is a pic from mine tonight and fuel light came on just after it turned past 200, I can't imagine getting 250 never mind 350 :joy:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_63a4.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
You do mainly motorway miles Chris? This is a pic from mine tonight and fuel light came on just after it turned past 200, I can't imagine getting 250 never mind 350 :joy:
View attachment 220397
A mixture really @riano tbh but would be up and down to Belfast regularly enough so most tanks would see that trip in there. Even if I didn't and just stayed local down here in Fermanagh id still get 300 no problem.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I do a 6 mile commute to work and back each day and my mpg is sitting at 20.3 - but if I do a longer jaunt with the wife and kid then I could average just over 30ish.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I do a 6 mile commute to work and back each day and my mpg is sitting at 20.3 - but if I do a longer jaunt with the wife and kid then I could average just over 30ish.

I’d imagine the oil doesn’t get up to full temp for long on that 6 mile run, unless lots of traffic/congestion.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I’d imagine the oil doesn’t get up to full temp for long on that 6 mile run, unless lots of traffic/congestion.
Takes me at least 10 miles to get to normal operating temp.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Takes me at least 10 miles to get to normal operating temp.

Yep, I remember in my first ever skyline with a oil gauge, Antrim to templepatrick before full temp. Always remember the old e36 oil gauge too, no fun until up to temp or bybyeee mr vanos lol.
The water temp gauge, one or 2 min max. Very misleading people think that’s it time to boogie in cars.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Yep, I remember in my first ever skyline with a oil gauge, Antrim to templepatrick before full temp. Always remember the old e36 oil gauge too, no fun until up to temp or bybyeee mr vanos lol.
The water temp gauge, one or 2 min max. Very misleading people think that’s it time to boogie in cars.
I'm exactly the same, had my first E36 M3 at 21 and that oil temp gauge taught me an awful lot. I prob let my car idle for 5 mins most days before I even consider moving lol

You're so right about the water temp, the amount of times I see people driving a car on shortly after start up kills me.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I'm exactly the same, had my first E36 M3 at 21 and that oil temp gauge taught me an awful lot. I prob let my car idle for 5 mins most days before I even consider moving lol

You're so right about the water temp, the amount of times I see people driving a car on shortly after start up kills me.

Think I was 21 also with my first 3.0 and a 3.2 a year later.
Anyway, enough memory lane lol. The short trip above mentioned can’t be great for these and certainly will ruin fuel economy,

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Although it's only 6 miles it takes about 15-20 minutes due to the morning bimblers, which means it's slow going.

Suppose on subject. Does these new performance cars let you view various temperatures or have they took a step back to just showing coolant temp ?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Suppose on subject. Does these new performance cars let you view various temperatures or have they took a step back to just showing coolant temp ?
No water temp, just oil temp and the AMG’s do both

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Deciding the rear of the F82 is missing something, namely corner splitters of some sort, a continuation of the side skirts is what I wanted, I bought a Vorsteiner diffuser, had a bit of a fight getting a refund as it was horrible quality carbon, didn’t even try to fit it, SBcarbon are to be avoided!
Cutters forum rave about the quality from them, I know I’m fussy, but.......:confounded: rough finish
1456C28F-6F8C-4B98-A01D-712E7425B166.jpeg

Now thinking they are all crap fitting, even the CarbonWurks one looks off in the pics, I bought a different style from Vogue who @Nigelo has used and rated. Fit is good, Carbon is hugely better than I expected tbh, took quite a fight to get it all to fit and screwed in place, added about a dozen extra fixings lol It’s not falling off! Also set the tail pipes out about 15mm to allow for the deeper diffuser

Anyway, teaser as it was getting dark
574830E5-ACB2-4B07-A496-7230822B12F3.jpeg

View attachment 222328

Last edited:

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
That's lovely!

Feck, I'm going to need that now at some stage.. .

:worried:

Lol you saw the pics when I 1st fitted it, had the sides sitting further out, never really loved it, during the week I removed it and fitted the sides pointing in towards the rear wheels more, love it now, really works with the skirts like I hoped :grinning: