2018 Audi RS3 Ara blue

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Well I finally got myself a 5 cylinder Audi after 27 years of wanting one!

I think the start of the want was the fact that in 1983 my dad did his last Circuit of Ireland rally in a works Audi Quattro as Co driver to the late Robert McBurney with the other 2 works car being driven by Stig Blomqvist and Harald Demuth. I had the job of sitting in the passenger seat as a kid going to and from scrutiny in Belfast and the noise and experience stuck with me. Here is the very car..................

Here's a background to 5 cylinder Audi's

In the late 90's I looked at a few UR Quattro's but never bought as I never saw a nice one I could afford. I recall driving one 350hp one that had been subject to a very glowing ad but it turned out to all BS as it had been white and badly resprayed red and the boot opened when you braked! Another one I went all the way to the Glenshane to see had been hit a few times with a baseball bat and had a massive dent in the windscreen pillar. I subsequently forgot about them.

So after all these years and never really seeing the value of RS3's and looking at F80 M3's that I have to say I love on a dry day and find them pita in the winter as you just can't use 400+ in a 2wd. So I came up with the RS3 again. I wasn't going to bother but my mum passed recently and I thought F##K IT.

Last week I called the Audi sales guy I bought my fantastic 2015 S3 from about an RS3 that they had. I told him I wanted a good test drive so, very obliging, he brought the car to my house and I drove on roads I know. Bought it that day. Delivery day was today............

Sports exhaust
Sound pack
Comfort pack
Super Sport seats
Bang and Olufsen
Reverse camera
Red calipers
Advanced key

The noise is amazing as is the virtual dash....... Watching Google maps on the dash is surreal, and drive...... great, it's a hardcore S3 really though it's not much faster with 400hp so............. I might Revo it 😂

IMG-20191111-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20191111-WA0000.jpeg

_20191109_113415.JPG

Car is now filthy as I went straight to Enniskillen in it.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Health to enjoy they are a cracking car and the sound well it speaks volumes for it self.

I had my cousin`s for a weekend and I didnt want to hand it back lol.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yes, did you see it? They have a lovely 15 white one too but I wanted to move to the updated car as my S3 is 15

Yeah, I work close to there so I had seen it sitting on the forecourt.

A mate has an S3 in Ara blue, very striking colour.

I had an S3 saloon for 3 years, great car. I was going to buy an RS3 saloon Agnew's had but couldn't work out a deal.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Amazing (y) 🚙 those who neigh sayers who go on about it not being worth the 10k more than an s3 - well i think it is just for the 5cylinder note and the throw back to the UR quattro
I'm one of those! I'm not sure it is worth 10k more but as I said, I had a F##K IT moment and I wanted one so that over rules all logic 😂

My wife said "so you paid £3##### for the same car in blue with 5 doors" I said "yup, the 5 cylinders were just a bonus"

Beggsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi RS3
Yasss @mike150 ! Lovely HTD... this the one with the sports exhaust? I may or may not have had a scalp up the M2 in this :eyes:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Nice upgrade:cool:, I was close to going to look at one then decided changing from a 100bhp Vauxhall Adam to an S3 was a big enough upgrade for me, maybe some day I'll get one. In the meantime I'll follow this thread and be jealous :laughing:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Lovely! Great spec too. Enjoy it and sorry to hear about your loss.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Epic, great story (well you know what I mean :relieved: )and just bloody right. Fair play