2018 Audi RS3 Ara blue

Gambit

RMS Regular
Job done..........

Mapped for 95ron though I do try to use 97, Chris was able to see on the knock sensor on our road session that there was 0deg retard on the timing, he said that they normally see 2 or 3deg retard due to 95ron even on the 95 map.

Its now like the car should go from Audi and has more engine protection due to a staged limiter based on oil temperature, now has to be over 60deg for full boost and boost reduction if the intake temperature climbs.
Not that anyone with any sense would rev a cold engine.

Butt dyno says -
Was 4.0 to 60
Now 3.5 to 60 👍

videos.....we need videos...this is all useless without videos :imp:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Mike I would be concerned if a standard s3 had more mid range than your Fl rs3.as for the figures ,the rs3 all make over the claimed audi figures.mine was 32hp over and 25lb/ft or there abouts .

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Mike I would be concerned if a standard s3 had more mid range than your Fl rs3.as for the figures ,the rs3 all make over the claimed audi figures.mine was 32hp over and 25lb/ft or there abouts .
I felt the S3 and Golf R just make so much power with a map especially as when you floor it at say 40mph, they build a lot of boost and by the time they drop to 2nd gear they really go.

The RS3 is faster alright but it's only when you look at the speedo............ and it says 70mph 😂

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Why not put 97 in it all the time?
I’ve never looked into the cost savings tbh

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Job done..........

Mapped for 95ron though I do try to use 97, Chris was able to see on the knock sensor on our road session that there was 0deg retard on the timing, he said that they normally see 2 or 3deg retard due to 95ron even on the 95 map.

Its now like the car should go from Audi and has more engine protection due to a staged limiter based on oil temperature, now has to be over 60deg for full boost and boost reduction if the intake temperature climbs.
Not that anyone with any sense would rev a cold engine.

Butt dyno says -
Was 4.0 to 60
Now 3.5 to 60 👍
I'm told she goes the best now lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I felt the S3 and Golf R just make so much power with a map especially as when you floor it at say 40mph, they build a lot of boost and by the time they drop to 2nd gear they really go.

The RS3 is faster alright but it's only when you look at the speedo............ and it says 70mph 😂
I had an original RS3 for a week a few years back and called at the workshop to take the lads a spin, the launch was laughably aggressive and the speed climbed like a fighter jet in battle. I really should have flashed it for the week i had it lol

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I'm impressed by Revo setting the limiter on a cold engine at 4850 and upping it gradually to 7100 when the oil temp is over 65deg. You'd think Audi would do that.

Not that I'd be anywhere near 4850 on a cold engine.......... 3000 is plenty imo........also I like at least 75deg oil before giving it the full toe.

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Another tank of the best available.......

DSC_0478.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Some day I’ll own one of these....some day :sob:
Similar to yourself I used to own a lovely 99 rally blue Impreza Turbo that I bought new, I'd love to have it still sitting in a shed but I know that would never happen as I have it sold 😂......... Loved that car, 17" Khan wheels and a Bell & Colville exhaust.

Traded it for a new Evo 6 in 2000 :rolleyes:.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Imagine getting a brand new impreza turbo or evo 6 now! Either would be a great stable mate for the RS3, both 4WD and turbo charged but they would be a completely different driving experience I’m sure.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Imagine getting a brand new impreza turbo or evo 6 now! Either would be a great stable mate for the RS3, both 4WD and turbo charged but they would be a completely different driving experience I’m sure.
I had a new 1998 Impreza too but the 99 was better.

Had a new 1998 Integra Type R as well.

All cars that a collector would love to have!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Some collection @mike150...most of my car history was used bar a handful of stuff but nearly all of the cars I owned i would love to have now, they would be worth a few bob alright and full of character

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I realised that I'd really like to know just how fast the car is so I downloaded a few apps to my phone for timing.

The best one seemed to be 'drag racer', it all seemed fine until I tried the first proper launch........... I recorded a 0-60 of 7.2 seconds.......... In an RS3 with 460hp 😂...............…. I subsequently deleted the app and started looking at Dragy as its got lots of great reviews and @Boydie has one!

Ordered this morning. Will see how it goes!