2018 Audi RS3 Ara blue

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I wonder if santa could bring me a McLaren F1 or even the new T90 (980kg 12000rpm limiter) ........ I'll be good 😂

I have a model F1 I bought 28 years ago, if only I could make it full size.

Gordon Murray used his own Alpine A110 as a benchmark for his new T 50 might be worth looking at one of them?

They look absolutely fantastic

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
My exact thoughts on the Lotus, it could be used every day but I wouldn't and its quick enough without being too fast........i do keep wondering if I should have bought a Cup250 though 😂

The RS3 was probably too fast across B roads to be honest but it was still dull to drive, fast does not equal fun.
Nearly had a deposit down for a new RS3 back in 2016 but went for the Focus RS instead, as most of the reviews were basically saying the RS3 is very fast, great engine and noise etc but not that involving or fun to drive.

Focus RS isnt the perfect daily either but it still puts a smile on my face after owning it for over 3 years. So easy to get big drifty slides in it, plus the pops and bangs makes me grin like a child.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Gordon Murray used his own Alpine A110 as a benchmark for his new T 50 might be worth looking at one of them?

They look absolutely fantastic
My Elise 220 is fine and a manual car is so much more involving to drive. An A110 and Alfa 4c are auto only which I think hurts their sales, in fact Alfa has stopped making the 4c while the Elise is still going 23 years on!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I must be missing something with the rs3. I can honestly say it would scare the sh1t out of most people over a fast B road driven by the correct driver .you must be surely comparing it to a lotus for example if you thought it was dull to drive .i certainly don’t think that of them .
I do admit I’m itching for more power above 60 mph as it does feel to be running out of puff somewhat.
TTE 700 would do for now if I had the money spare .

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I must be missing something with the rs3. I can honestly say it would scare the sh1t out of most people over a fast B road driven by the correct driver .you must be surely comparing it to a lotus for example if you thought it was dull to drive .i certainly don’t think that of them .
I do admit I’m itching for more power above 60 mph as it does feel to be running out of puff somewhat.
The RS3 is fast but that's not fun in isolation, it just gets to crazy road speeds, there's no steering feed back and no sliding or movement from the car.

Great every day car that's really fast and expensive is my summation of one.

The S3 does the same job a bit slower for a lot less money.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I think part of the issue with RS3 and most fast Audi's is that its quite hard to get the rear axle moving in any real way so they feel very safe and as a result a bit tame and if you over drive then u get understeer and that all reduces the fun factor. no doubting they are massively fast though.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
My Elise 220 is fine and a manual car is so much more involving to drive. An A110 and Alfa 4c are auto only which I think hurts their sales, in fact Alfa has stopped making the 4c while the Elise is still going 23 years on!

Didn't realise they were auto only, funny a 4C is also something I think would be a awesome machine.

Maybe try one anyway? A fun auto could be worth a punt, imagine an Elise 220 and alpine A110 in the drive 😂

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Maybe you don't know but my craziest car was a Caterham 620........ 600hp/ton, zero driving aids or assistance of any kind....... That's my idea of a fun car 👍

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Unbelievable tuning potential with those RS3’s.....0-151mph in 9.6 seconds:-# and on standard internals, that one above sounds similar to an R8 V10 (but not just as aggressive) so that’s another bonus!

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Maybe you don't know but my craziest car was a Caterham 620........ 600hp/ton, zero driving aids or assistance of any kind....... That's my idea of a fun car 👍
I was kind of making reference to a everyday usable hot hatch ,not a complete out and out monster of a car that 99.9% of the driving community could go more than 100yds in without killing themselves.
Also wouldn’t like to see the state of the wife and 3 kids after you took them to Tesco’s for the shopping in a 620 lol

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I was kind of making reference to a everyday usable hot hatch ,not a complete out and out monster of a car that 99.9% of the driving community could go more than 100yds in without killing themselves.
Also wouldn’t like to see the state of the wife and 3 kids after you took them to Tesco’s for the shopping in a 620 lol
There's only 2 kids and I sometimes picked up my 5 year old from school in it if the sun was out 😂

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
was half thinking to myself next time i change i might go for a rs3 or ttrs and do a bit of tuning to make it bonkers fast but i kinda get what your saying about the involvement thing with these cars.was watching this vid before i read this thread and said to myself they really don't take a lot of work to drive fast....i do realize its a drag race in a straight line but yianni makes it look so easy :grinning:...id still have one.tunned 500+ bhp with a throaty 5 pot is bound to be fun.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I just don’t get it. Plant the foot loads of grip and it changes gear for you. What’s the point?
At least they have gears and a fantastic engine note, in the future most cars will have an electric motor and no gears

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Surely the S3 is more dull than the rs3? At least with the rs3 you have that fantastic engine rather than a mundane sounding 4cyl.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Surely the S3 is more dull than the rs3? At least with the rs3 you have that fantastic engine rather than a mundane sounding 4cyl.
That's the only real difference in the drive, it's faster and sounds a bit better but is that worth a 10-12k premium over an equivalent age S3?
Not from my experience but as I said if my S3 had of sold first I'd have kept the RS3

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I see the buyer of my RS3 has it on Autotrader at a significant mark up, listed as 2019 when its 2018 and 5000 trimmed off the mileage......………………...guess they're just a few 'mistakes' on the ad!

I was suspicious when he was insistent that I removed the online ad the minute he bought it.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I see the buyer of my RS3 has it on Autotrader at a significant mark up, listed as 2019 when its 2018 and 5000 trimmed off the mileage......………………...guess they're just a few 'mistakes' on the ad!

I was suspicious when he was insistent that I removed the online ad the minute he bought it.

report the ****

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Must be a dealer to keep the additional name off the V5?

I hate when people advertise a car on a round mileage figure, but it actually has X thousand more.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
report the ****
Good idea......……….done.

I was very close to telling him to F##K OFF when he was buying it...……………..don't think I've ever had someone argue so much over the price, as close as I got was telling him 'if you don't want to pay the price we agreed on yesterday on the phone then just go'..............................….He paid.

Last edited: