2018 led lenser torch thread

-Pete-

RMS Regular
I got one at the old price which i still thought was a great price and the performance is ridiculous. I nearly keep forgetting how bright it is when I turn it on. best random purchase i've made in a long long time.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It’s hard to get a picture to show the true brightness, but these i18R’s are awesome...

28EB4508-9192-4D6E-B26D-F419F5C4F598.jpeg

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Cheers guys, there’s basically all gone now between here and Facebook, 3 left if anyone wants to snap up the last few.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
It’s hard to get a picture to show the true brightness, but these i18R’s are awesome...

its crazy even shining it out of the living room window and aiming it down the street. its a brilliant design too, having the flat bottom, its very handy to light up entire rooms just standing it upright. Since they moved to the 18650 cells it also keeps it really short and portable and can still stick in a holster pocket on the trousers. that was a great improvement on the old long design which always put me off, as being a pain to carry around anywhere like an old D cell maglite.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Torch season kicking off again, good stocks of most of the head torches, no price increases on last year so far.

New for this year include the H8R which is a step up from the H7R.2 with 600 lumin and a nice slim battery pack.

H8R

Any updates for 2019 @lightning ? I called in briefly yesterday morning but there wasn’t much on display. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few before I pick.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Any updates for 2019 @lightning ? I called in briefly yesterday morning but there wasn’t much on display. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few before I pick.

Torch stock including new models usually arrives toward the end of september. I'll update. But everything in this thread should still be available at the same prices to start with.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Waterproof head torch? 😮.

I’ve used my H7R.2’s outside in the pissing rain plenty of times and have no issues with it. The wife even left 1 on the patio table for 3 or 4 days a couple of weeks ago and it was saturated, but I removed the battery and dried everything off and charged it up again and it’s still perfect, if a little cleaner... 😬

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
2019 updates.

Ok whats new for this season. @Big Pimp you'll love this. The x21r has had a redesign and is now 5000 lumen and over 100m added to the range too. We've just received the first stock and its unbelievable.

x21r

Due to our buying power increasing over the last couple of years I've managed to keep prices largely the same despite the exchange rate, some are even down a touch.

The i18r 3000 lumen still continues at £155, the p7r is down £5 to £65. The most popular head torch is the 600 lumen H8R £55 or marginally higher specced mh10 at £60.

Some new products....

IF4R rechargeable workshop light. £99. Very powerful little light capable of lighting up the room.

Theres a more power bluetooth controlled 4500 lumen if8r due with us this week too.

New mechanics torches IW4r and IW5r flex. Lovely little torches, compact, light and powerful. £32.50 and £45.

Free delivery on all orders over £25.

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I've said it before, and i'll say it again - the F1R is a must for anyone looking for a small compact torch which is absolutely unbelievable in its size and performance.

As nice as the X21R looks, since moving to the i18R last year i find it a phenomenal torch and would be hard pushed to change..... but i am tempted.

That workshop light looks very interesting though

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I've said it before, and i'll say it again - the F1R is a must for anyone looking for a small compact torch which is absolutely unbelievable in its size and performance.

As nice as the X21R looks, since moving to the i18R last year i find it a phenomenal torch and would be hard pushed to change..... but i am tempted.

That workshop light looks very interesting though

Like yourself, Ross, I’d find it very hard to require anything better than the i18R. The battery life and light output from them is phenomenal. I regularly use mine and I’m continually impressed by it.

The little iW4R looks like something I’ll have to pick up the next I’m at Wilson’s.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
The little iW4R looks like something I’ll have to pick up the next I’m at Wilson’s.
unfortunately I'm not nearly handy enough to require a mechanics light - i did pick up a 'big larry' torch, however, which does what i need, and lives in my van.

there is something about the workshop light that i'm talking myself into needing though

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Does anyone here have the P7R? Looks very tempting for the size and price. I don’t really use a torch much. Only really for walking the dog, camping or if I’m down where the MINI is stored at night and thinking the P7R would be a good investment.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Does anyone here have the P7R? Looks very tempting for the size and price. I don’t really use a torch much. Only really for walking the dog, camping or if I’m down where the MINI is stored at night and thinking the P7R would be a good investment.

My aul lad has 1 this past couple of years and it’s very impressive for all the size of it. It lives on a worktop in the kitchen so it’s always to hand in case he needs to go outside at night or if the power was to go out, and it’s surprising how much use it gets. The i18R is a bit overkill for that sort of thing.

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
I've a P7R and my dad also has one. For the size and price you would be hard beat to find a better torch. I also have an i18R which is fantastic, but for everyday use the P7R ticks pretty much all the boxes.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
@lightning can you sort me out with a lenser as a stocking filler, just looking something to tuck in the glovebox for the Da for emergencies, what do you recommend and do we just take pricing from the webshop?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@lightning can you sort me out with a lenser as a stocking filler, just looking something to tuck in the glovebox for the Da for emergencies, what do you recommend and do we just take pricing from the webshop?
You’ll get all sorts of recommendations but the F1R for me is still the standout torch.

I have 4 or 5 different lensers but my go to is always the small, compact pocket sized but unbelievably bright F1R