2018 Nissan Leaf 40Kw opinions?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I'm considering one as I can tolerate the looks and everything else seems good. They seem to be around £20k now while the e+TEKNA with the 62kw battery and 215bhp is still over £30k as its only out so they are new or nearly new, I don't think its worth the extra outlay tbh.

My concern is will the ID3, Seat El-Born, Mini E and Honda E affect the Leaf values substantially? The old shape Leaf is under £10k now but the looks are woeful and the battery range is 60 in the winter so not much use, I imagine that's why they're worth what they are.

There's still no real concrete news on the ID3 price but the base model might be £26k...……...….dear knows when it will appear in dealer though!!!

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
There's still no real concrete news on the ID3 price but the base model might be £26k...……...….d

Saw an article somewhere that said the first 1500 batch of ID3s due to UK were already sold out within 48hrs last May. 20000 of the 30000 allocated to Europe already have an intent to buy so I doubt anyone walking into VW today will get there hands on one for quite a while unless a customer intent falls through.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Saw an article somewhere that said the first 1500 batch of ID3s due to UK were already sold out within 48hrs last May. 20000 of the 30000 allocated to Europe already have an intent to buy so I doubt anyone walking into VW today will get there hands on one for quite a while unless a customer intent falls through.
That's the id3 'first' edition, price hasn't been announced for it but I'd expect it to be more like £35k.

Apparently VW have thousands of cars built but are having big software problems and can't release them.

The rest will follow the first edition and at the rate they're going that may not even be this year!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Apparently VW have thousands of cars built but are having big software problems and can't release them.

The rest will follow the first edition and at the rate they're going that may not even be this year!
That's normal. Every model year change we wait to get the nod from a director " good to ship "
I've seen Solihul with 3000 Land Rovers waiting to be cleared.......

As for the Leaf.......
Just don't plan a long journey in the snow...... this pic was just outside Lotus HQ. 2018
28337926_1964568380473762_593781884028025625_o.jpg

Last edited: