2019 Lotus Elise 220 Sport

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So my Caterham 620 got traded in for a new Elise in Edinburgh this morning. Loving it, most of the fun of the Caterham with almost everyday practicality.

Yellow
Black pack
Alcantara
Radio
AC
Colour matched interior
Carpets
Sound insulation
Cruise control :laughing:

Got to say the new open gear shift is great and looks cool too.

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

20190726_140245.jpg

Dealer had more Lotus's than I've ever seen. Also had a good drive in an elise 250 cup (the blue in the pic) and while I love the look and spec the suspension was too hard, ground clearance too limited and semi slick tyres not great for the road. Think I made the right choice.

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Winning, beauty and definitely on my list of cars to buy at some point.

Health to enjoy!
The Caterham was mega to drive but a pita to actually use as a car. Hopefully the elise will be a nice comprimise though its already playing havoc with my hips getting in and out 😂

I almost bought one on 2 occasions last year and then didn't. Never thought I'd buy a new one 🤪 😂 but my aversion to rust underneath ruled and a new one was the only option so this one will be getting hit with ACF50 and won't see winter salt.

Last edited:

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
I test drove an S2 Elise and a VX220 turbo at the weekend, literally road legal race cars.

Even the 1.8 K series Elise felt quick, so I'm sure this is a hoot to drive.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I test drove an S2 Elise and a VX220 turbo at the weekend, literally road legal race cars.

Even the 1.8 K series Elise felt quick, so I'm sure this is a hoot to drive.
You'll be buying!

S1's are starting to climb in value and S2's are holding so all are a good buy financially except a brand new S3 😂

I just had to have a Toyota engined car as anything less would feel pedestrian to me. I first drove an elise in 1996 but didn't buy due to the engine. Then an S2 S with 156hp K series years ago but again I walked. The 220 should keep me happy.

I was put off an S3 V6 exige as they felt a bit big and heavy after driving one but an S2 would be a good buy. @Derekm will concur

That's my 2 cents

Last edited:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Aye the S3 Exige is jip wouldn’t buy one at all ;)

HTD and great to see more Loti on the forums!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Aye the S3 Exige is jip wouldn’t buy one at all ;)

HTD and great to see more Loti on the forums!
Now I never said that, I just like small light cars, the smaller and lighter the better! I find them much more fun than any supercar to steer. The v6 is exige is just bigger and heavier than the elise platform its based on.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
That's a lovely car. Love it.

Whats the plans for it?
Keep it mint and enjoy driving it..........sometimes in the wet 😱 that's something I never did in the caterham as I have ocd and it was sketchy in the dry never mind the wet!

Plus I need to start yoga classes to ease getting in and out of it 😂

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
if only i could get into it !!! health to drive smithers...... may you enjoy many years of being able to get in/out of such vehicles !!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
if only i could get into it !!! health to drive smithers...... may you enjoy many years of being able to get in/out of such vehicles !!
I'm struggling already....... woke this morning in my hotel room in Scotland and my hips killing :eek:. Lotus should give training on how to get in and out of one.

You'd have no chance!

Looks small and lonely out there beside a C Class Mercedes................

DSC_0168.JPG

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Lovely. You finally came to the dark side:grinning:. Nice colour. HTD.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
I was put off an S3 V6 exige as they felt a bit big and heavy after driving one but an S2 would be a good buy. @Derekm will concur

S3 V6 Exige is bit bit heavier than mine but i wouldn't mind one just for noise alone ;). Dont think it would feel much quicker though than mine. Nice to have the extra torque thou.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
S3 V6 Exige is bit bit heavier than mine but i wouldn't mind one just for noise alone ;). Dont think it would feel much quicker though than mine. Nice to have the extra torque thou.
The noise of the S2 Exige supercharger is just as good...………...the SCREAM!:eek:

Mines quiet : unamused:

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Get yourself a 2ubular exhaust that will help it make bit more noise👍

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The intake and exhaust got redesigned for the 17 car so it sounds fine, it's actually very loud for a standard car........ there's just no supercharged scream like the S2 Exige.

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159

Got my 2bular fitted a couple of months ago. It really does transform the sound and character of the car. Highly recommended!

Awesome colour but I might be bias ;) Enjoy, looks like it will be super to drive!