2019 Lotus Elise 220 Sport

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
It's been a while, car now has 2100 miles on the clock .......

This is about the 4th time I've had it jacked up just to clean the arches and wheels.....and its still never used in the wet! Just brake dust and road dirt. My custom BIG mudflaps help alot to keep the sides clean and they scuff the road alot on bumps and corners which is fun.

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0954.JPG

DSC_0955.JPG

Love this wee car though I'm having dirty thoughts about a Porsche 991 GT3 or an Exige 410 sport! Worried that they might just be too fast to actually enjoy driving as the roads I like aren't that smooth or straight.

Would find it really hard to sell this though...............I think its a keeper. :scream:

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
It's 914kg which I think is the same as the late model S2. Earlier S2s where lighter and S1s where about 700kg with the MMC brakes but all cars put on weight........ like people 😂

The saftey kit, Abs, TC and AC are all nice bits though.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
It's been a while, car now has 2100 miles on the clock .......

This is about the 4th time I've had it jacked up just to clean the arches and wheels.....and its still never used in the wet! Just brake dust and road dirt. My custom BIG mudflaps help alot to keep the sides clean and they scuff the road alot on bumps and corners which is fun.

View attachment 295871

View attachment 295872

View attachment 295873

Love this wee car though I'm having dirty thoughts about a Porsche 991 GT3 or an Exige 410 sport! Worried that they might just be too fast to actually enjoy driving as the roads I like aren't that smooth or straight.

Would find it really hard to sell this though...............I think its a keeper. :scream:

mike now come on....there is no such thing as ‘too fast’. Let’s go pick up a nice GT3 for you. It would look good in my rear view mirror. Lol.

only joking, my water hose would just blow off and melt my feet as you overtook me. 💔

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
mike now come on....there is no such thing as ‘too fast’. Let’s go pick up a nice GT3 for you. It would look good in my rear view mirror. Lol.

only joking, my water hose would just blow off and melt my feet as you overtook me. 💔
I mean too fast as in over the national speed limit.
A Caterham 620S does 150mph, you were in it at 140mph
A GT3 does near 200, just not relevant and you know me, I'll push it on....... so be better if it didn't do near 200 😂

Hope the feet are improving, watch that temperature gauge!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i'd be fairly confident you will ultimately want to change at some stage !! but it does seem a great car.... its hard to beat the look of an elise/exige they just look 'right'

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Went to an appointment, parked out of the way right over to the right side of a space with no one beside me.

Came back to........

DSC_0967.JPG

Had to in the passenger side FFS 🤬

A Lotus is not an easy car to get into without other inconsiderate drivers not even in their space. I resisted the urge to exercise vandalism

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
hope they didnt put a maroon 'kiss' mark on it from their door........... 99% of people coudl care less about their cars... let alone anyone elses

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
hope they didnt put a maroon 'kiss' mark on it from their door........... 99% of people coudl care less about their cars... let alone anyone elses
Nope, I checked, they must have touched it but no lasting mark. If there had off they would have lost a wing mirror.

I know full well most people don't care about their car but they should care about other people's, thats what I don't get.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Went to an appointment, parked out of the way right over to the right side of a space with no one beside me.

Came back to........

View attachment 296311

Had to in the passenger side FFS 🤬

A Lotus is not an easy car to get into without other inconsiderate drivers not even in their space. I resisted the urge to exercise vandalism

Seeing things like that make me not get angry when nice cars are parked across two spaces.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Seeing things like that make me not get angry when nice cars are parked across two spaces.
Think you mean it doesn't bother you when you see an expensive car over 2 spaces. Doesn't bother me at all if I see a nice car over 2 spaces es as assholes like this example in the Renault would not care any less if it was a Bugatti or a Corsa.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Think you mean it doesn't bother you when you see an expensive car over 2 spaces. Doesn't bother me at all if I see a nice car over 2 spaces es as assholes like this example in the Renault would not care any less if it was a Bugatti or a Corsa.

Yeah that's what I was getting at!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I absolutely love this car, its the best 2nd car I've ever owned, fun, involving, feels special and the roof comes off.........

So a few weeks ago I enquired about a car I saw in a dealer near London on the day it was advertised! The deal meant trading the Elise in!!! The deal was good, which created a problem, should I let go of a car that I loved and amazingly had classed as a keeper?

Yes 😂

Next problem, how do I get it? Shouldn't be travelling not only because of covid but because I'm off work on medical grounds because of covid and because my wife would go mad 😂

Robert at RSG Auto Logistics got the task.

Hope I'm doing the right thing!

Going going going
DSC_1249.JPG

Gone 😭
DSC_1255.JPG

coffeekid

RMS Regular
I absolutely love this car, its the best 2nd car I've ever owned, fun, involving, feels special and the roof comes off.........

....and the best was?

oops edit **** read that wrong thought it said was the 2nd best car....

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
....and the best was?

oops edit **** read that wrong thought it said was the 2nd best car....
Ive had a MK2 Rs2000, 1969 Mini Cooper, 2 Porsche 928's ( one of which would be worth 70 grand now!), 3 Caterhams, a Westfield, Porsche Boxster S and an E92 M3........

Elise was a best. Hope the next trumps it fingers crossed 🤞

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
You lads & your secret society

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Secret Society GIF by Reese Canada

FS what did you both buy?? :laughing:
Big red...........