2019 Oryx White Golf 7.5 R

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
So the R has just ticked over to 2000 miles. Absolutely loving it. It’s a car I can’t seem to fault and I’m definitely getting the itch to go for bigger power in the near future.

Cannot believe how good it is on fuel too. I keep it in Race with the gearbox in S and it’s returning mid/high 30s and approx 320 miles to a tank.

Sent it into VW for a service this week too, probably over kill getting it done so soon, but after reading some horror stories on the forums of metal fillings ending up in the oil from breaking in I thought I’d get it done.

Probably not a popular mod, but dewipered the rear, definitely makes it look a lot cleaner.

5FFE0E15-F777-41CB-9659-DE3E979785EE.jpeg

E6CDCB2F-8135-40E4-9C35-1484B3F3F4A7.jpeg

E138B8C6-0B23-4137-B043-0FE09C6CE52C.jpeg

Think the stance is sitting pretty perfectly now too. Springs have dropped to a nice height and the spacers give a nice fat look. 😎

Had a couple of people asking me to let them know when it is for sale, don’t think it will be for a while!! This was a great buy 😬

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Mark315 Can you recommend any good forums for the Golf? I just bought a GTI TCR and its my first VW, so a source if info would be good.

Also any good websites for OEM quality styling products, also any idea why its doesn't show the "art" for some of the DAB stations and is there a solution for it. Its a minor thing but things like this really annoy me.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Your car looks smart ukeep it immaculate. Be great for those golf fans on the site get a meet some time to admire each other different golfs

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Cannot believe how good it is on fuel too. I keep it in Race with the gearbox in S and it’s returning mid/high 30s and approx 320 miles to a tank.

Assuming they've not changed the tank size (55 litres/12ish gallons), 320 miles to a tank is more like mid/high 20's mpg wise rather than mid/high 30's.

They are great cars though. VW do some styling stuff for them as you probably know (Eg Oettinger spoiler). Reiger too, though I'm not sure if they do face lift stuff yet.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Mark315 Can you recommend any good forums for the Golf? I just bought a GTI TCR and its my first VW, so a source if info would be good.

Also any good websites for OEM quality styling products, also any idea why its doesn't show the "art" for some of the DAB stations and is there a solution for it. Its a minor thing but things like this really annoy me.
Good choice! I had the same issue on my R. Try this Radio station logo

I know yours is a GTI but I found the VWROC forum pretty helpful and they have plenty of guides etc.

As for OEM parts and VW Racing stuff, these guys were really good. I got the black mirror covers and performance rear lip from them.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

Is your tcr a 5 door .??

Simon83

RMS Regular
also any idea why its doesn't show the "art" for some of the DAB stations and is there a solution for it. Its a minor thing but things like this really annoy me.
I have a new shaped Tiguan and had DAB/FM station art for all stations until the entertainment system needed a software update. After the update I have lost almost all the station symbols. Agnews hadn’t a clue how to get them back or why they disappeared.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I have a new shaped Tiguan and had DAB/FM station art for all stations until the entertainment system needed a software update. After the update I have lost almost all the station symbols. Agnews hadn’t a clue how to get them back or why they disappeared.

I did a quick search and found how to do it, pretty easy. Just download the station logo in. .png format file to an SD card and you can attach them to the radio stations.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R

VWROC forum is great. For OEM parts I use VWpartsinternational. For aftermarket parts with OEM quality Racingline is hard to beat. Rieger for splitters/skirts etc.
Your car looks smart ukeep it immaculate. Be great for those golf fans on the site get a meet some time to admire each other different golfs

Yes I’m definitely up for that. I’m sure there would be a good few interested in that.

Assuming they've not changed the tank size (55 litres/12ish gallons), 320 miles to a tank is more like mid/high 20's mpg wise rather than mid/high 30's.

They are great cars though. VW do some styling stuff for them as you probably know (Eg Oettinger spoiler). Reiger too, though I'm not sure if they do face lift stuff yet.

I’ve had Rieger stuff for years, even on the GTD which was facelift. Ive a Rieger splitter on this R already.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
There are some lovely examples of them on this site. Would be a nice morning I’m sure

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Seen you leaving as I was coming into APW on thrusday afternoon. Looks the part! 👍🏻

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
So nearly into 6 months of ownership and 3500 on the clock.

Have to say it is such a superb car, does everything so well (maybe too well ^o)). Colour seems to be a real head turner when the sun is on it.

Nothing massive to update, did some VCDS coding on the car activating the following...

• Ambient Colours
  • Off Road Display
  • Scandinavian DRLs
  • Alarm Beep
  • Soundaktor Off
  • Exhaust Flaps Open
  • Throttle Response set to Direct
  • Coming Home Lights set to Auto

Dechromed the front bumper today, definitely adds a bit more aggression to the front.

Have ordered some gloss black side skirt extensions to match the front splitter.

Thinking about a wheel change in the future, potentially Racingline R360s or OZ Superturismos.

Then maybe Revo Stage 1.

Some pics from Titanic Dubs 2019 and a few randoms...

32796FBD-E1B2-4C41-818A-CCA0BC77384C.jpeg

203AF8FD-830F-40D9-8E80-C2ECFB5264C9.jpeg

AC413A11-D45E-4293-8E7F-4CEC53D083B5.jpeg

D813BEA8-7085-4C45-94AA-D67A7FD27B9A.jpeg

5C967A90-F52E-42FB-909A-CA3D05153122.jpeg

4F1988C7-F8A9-4514-86A6-41DEF0354124.jpeg

EAAAB701-12F6-4DC7-A528-D0DF5E9A3008.jpeg