2019 Oryx White Golf 7.5 R

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Back again...

So after a year and a bit with the GTD, I decided to sell. The GTD was a fantastic car and the work that I had done to it meant it was always getting attention and comments from people. However 2 things lacked for me - the engine and the gearbox. Big thanks to Stefan at Performance Cars NI for a hassle free sale with the GTD.

I love my Golfs, I did shop around looking at the S3 and a few other equivalents, but I kept being drawn back to Volkswagen. So decided to order a new R from factory in the spec I really really wanted - basically something to set it aside from all the leased Rs floating about.

Took delivery on Thursday and drove it straight to PMG for a new car prep and Crystal Serum Ultra with an Aero coating. Have to give credit to Agnews - they were fantastic to deal with, very competitive with pricing and listened to how I wanted the car delivered - i.e keep it in the plastics, don't drill plates etc. They even lent me an Up GTI until the R arrived.

Was very lucky to get the last build week of the 3 door line! Since 2019 due to emissions and this new WLTP crap, the Golf R now has 300bhp and a Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF). As they have the filter they no longer have a resonator in the exhaust, have to say it sounds fantastic standard with some crackles and pops on the overrun.

Car is absolutely incredible to drive, only 50 miles on it so far!

Spec:
2019 Golf R 3 door
Oryx White (Pearlscent)
Winter Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Dynaudio Excite Pack
Rear View Camera
90% Rear Tints
Black Mirror Caps
Traffic Sign Recognition
Lane Assist
High Beam Assist

Quite a lot of parts gathered for it already!

Milltek PPF-Back Non Resonated System
Pretoria Alloys (same ones from the GTD)
Racingline Paddle Extentions
Racingline R600 Induction Kit
Racingline Springs
Racingline Turbo Muffler Delete
Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe and Elbow
GFB DVX
Rieger Front Splitter
TCR Rear Lip Spoiler
Clubsport S Front Discs
H&R 12mm Spacers

Time for some photos, the Oryx White paint is amazing in the sunlight! So hard to capture in a photo.

Thanks for looking,

Mark!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That looks great! Makes me miss my R a bit : unamused: . I cant wait to see how this ends up as your GTD was sitting perfect.

The sound gets better with a few thousand miles too. I noticed a big difference after about 5k.

Enjoy!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
You’ve waited a while for a quick petrol car. Enjoy it.

As above, the GTD was perfect, I’m sure this will be no different.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
You know my thoughts mate from when you told us it was coming.

Amazing colour and spec, it will be perfect once you are finished!!

Health to drive and enjoy. Can’t wait to get a run in it.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Awesome mate. You have come a long way since the Renault loving days :p enjoy and I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Lovely dude. You not a little concerned about warranty issues with the mods??

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Thanks for the comments, absolutely loving it. About time I moved into a performance petrol.

Seats look average now in comparison lol
Wait and see what happens ;)

Lovely dude. You not a little concerned about warranty issues with the mods??
Yes and no, nothing will be going on until the engine breaks in a bit and all mods are bolt on/bolt off.

Life’s too short

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Back again...

So after a year and a bit with the GTD, I decided to sell. The GTD was a fantastic car and the work that I had done to it meant it was always getting attention and comments from people. However 2 things lacked for me - the engine and the gearbox. Big thanks to Stefan at Performance Cars NI for a hassle free sale with the GTD.

I love my Golfs, I did shop around looking at the S3 and a few other equivalents, but I kept being drawn back to Volkswagen. So decided to order a new R from factory in the spec I really really wanted - basically something to set it aside from all the leased Rs floating about.

Took delivery on Thursday and drove it straight to PMG for a new car prep and Crystal Serum Ultra with an Aero coating. Have to give credit to Agnews - they were fantastic to deal with, very competitive with pricing and listened to how I wanted the car delivered - i.e keep it in the plastics, don't drill plates etc. They even lent me an Up GTI until the R arrived.

Was very lucky to get the last build week of the 3 door line! Since 2019 due to emissions and this new WLTP crap, the Golf R now has 300bhp and a Petrol Particulate Filter (PPF). As they have the filter they no longer have a resonator in the exhaust, have to say it sounds fantastic standard with some crackles and pops on the overrun.

Car is absolutely incredible to drive, only 50 miles on it so far!

Spec:
2019 Golf R 3 door
Oryx White (Pearlscent)
Winter Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Dynaudio Excite Pack
Rear View Camera
90% Rear Tints
Black Mirror Caps
Traffic Sign Recognition
Lane Assist
High Beam Assist

Quite a lot of parts gathered for it already!

Milltek PPF-Back Non Resonated System
Pretoria Alloys (same ones from the GTD)
Racingline Paddle Extentions
Racingline R600 Induction Kit
Racingline Springs
Racingline Turbo Muffler Delete
Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe and Elbow
GFB DVX
Rieger Front Splitter
TCR Rear Lip Spoiler
Clubsport S Front Discs
H&R 12mm Spacers

Time for some photos, the Oryx White paint is amazing in the sunlight! So hard to capture in a photo.

View attachment 236463

View attachment 236464

View attachment 236465

View attachment 236466

View attachment 236467

View attachment 236468

View attachment 236469

View attachment 236470

View attachment 236471

View attachment 236472

Thanks for looking,

Mark!
Perfect car........no keyless though

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Very nice. I love the molded flaps on it, not many have them.
Good spot, that was today’s job. They are from a 7.5 GTI. Fitted perfectly.

Perfect car........no keyless though
Can’t get keyless on 3 doors now. It’s standard on 5 doors but no option for 3 door.

To be honest, I’m happy about that based on the amount getting stole across the water.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
Stunning, best of luck with it!
I know the girl who bought your GTD, shes over the moon with it. I seen it during the week, really has great road presence and those seats 😍

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Good spot, that was today’s job. They are from a 7.5 GTI. Fitted perfectly.

Can’t get keyless on 3 doors now. It’s standard on 5 doors but no option for 3 door.

To be honest, I’m happy about that based on the amount getting stole across the water.
Weird
I like the keyless but I know it's probably a bad thing.

I keep looking for something better but for the money a Golf R is unbeatable imo.................actually they really are one of the best performance daily driving cars at any price