2019 Supra

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Straight 6(y)

Everything else (n)

If one dies we can harvest it's organs.

What's the price tag like? Edit: i just read 52k for the base. Would rather buy an M4.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Not a patch on the FT-1 concept that we thought might materialise.

5BB4838D-2E56-45C8-AE0E-8650C8CC3719.jpeg
DCE891B6-87DF-4147-9FD3-010230DA92B1.jpeg

Told ya.
The fun cars of the 90’s and earlier that Japan was famous for is over. Designs and all sorts of manufacturing and conformity along with various manufacturers now owning and influencing builds have killed it off. Any re-makes will never fill the appetite of hopeful enthusiasts.

Ya want a supra, spend half the price of a new one on a proper one.

Agreed. Alfa are now arguably ticking that box with the crazy Giulia quadro, particularly if they make a coupe version as suspected

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Where as the old 2jz can take 600+ without any special modification to internals

I read up on it, it uses a BMW B58 engine, which are forged from factory. There's already 500bhp ones on the stock turbo in the US. Bigger turbo and breathing mods will be in the 600-700s.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I read somewhere that outright speed wasn`t important but the handling was, like the GT86.
In my opinion the back looks awful but will see what they look like when they arrive in the showrooms.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I read up on it, it uses a BMW B58 engine, which are forged from factory. There's already 500bhp ones on the stock turbo in the US. Bigger turbo and breathing mods will be in the 600-700s.

Forged from factory like the 2jz. Good to see everyone’s catching up to what the japs were at 20 year ago. Lol

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Forged from factory like the 2jz. Good to see everyone’s catching up to what the japs were at 20 year ago. Lol

Not really, they just over-engineered everything for the sake of reliability, which was the selling point of a Japanese car.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Look Great, and Huge Potential which is what Japanese cars are all about, not just an out of the box standard boring vehicle. One in white please.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I assume it’s meant to rival the NSX? If so, it’s like pitching a StreetKa against a Gallardo.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I almost put a deposit on one of these, thought they may hold their money for a year or two, completely fell for the M4 though :blush:
I’ve no doubt it’ll be an entertaining drive, not fussed on the final looks though tbh but need to see it in the flesh.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I liked the last supra but that doesn’t do it for me at all, the concept images were promising but the production model is much softer looking.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
With that design philosophy in place it gets my vote all day long. If it handles like a GT86 with power output again it has my vote all day long.
There is more enjoyment to driving than going fast.

I quite like it and good to see Toyota in this segment again and pushing on with sports cars again ... we need more Japanese performance cars again

It will be interesting to see the reactions of people when the co development team release their version of the car ...

I read somewhere that outright speed wasn`t important but the handling was, like the GT86.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I quite like it but im a total BMW fanboy so maybe thats why.

The wing mirrors of a 1 series is a let down and as @chris_b said the interior is lifted straight out of the last geneation Z4

Cool to see it is coming with iDrive and will love to see how they made it look for Toyota.

Also me and a few mates were discussing this earlier would you be able to get it serviced at BMW?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
With that design philosophy in place it gets my vote all day long. If it handles like a GT86 with power output again it has my vote all day long.
There is more enjoyment to driving than going fast.

I quite like it and good to see Toyota in this segment again and pushing on with sports cars again ... we need more Japanese performance cars again

It will be interesting to see the reactions of people when the co development team release their version of the car ...
I love GT86’s but this isn’t one, it supposed to be a Supra and the renderings we all seen these past few years led us to believe that Toyota was building an every mans affordable supercar, like an LFA or Nsx we could actually realistically achieve.

I done a job with Fredric Asbo recently and he assured me it drives brilliantly but he is gonna day that I suppose ! I’d rather it was 70k and looked like the render personally.
The engine I’m not worried about, the tuners will now rip that to bits in no time and I think it’s going to open all sorts of options to BMW owners too as timing a 135i in Tokyo prob isn’t that popular.

Damn it Toyota

colin84

RMS Regular
A real disappointment, mostly because they have used the Supra name, but then it wouldn't have stirred up the same interest if they had used a new name.

I'm sure it will be a fantastic drive, but will it be a big seller? I doubt it at that price.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
A real disappointment, mostly because they have used the Supra name, but then it wouldn't have stirred up the same interest if they had used a new name.

I'm sure it will be a fantastic drive, but will it be a big seller? I doubt it at that price.

This should have been a new Celica.

And the Supra a bigger, faster more supercar baiting variant based on a similar design methodology - just like how McLaren have scaled their models.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Read there's going to be a 4 cylinder engine aswell 195bhp..... What engines are they using anyway? bmw?

As said above will be interersting to hear the reaction of the new z4...

Reactions: Ben