2019 Supra

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The internet really has gone a bit mental about it being based on a Z4.

Indeed. I'm disgusted personally... As an owner of no less than three 90's Japanese motors I much prefer them all to have an interior that looks like it's been lifted from a Carina-E minicab.

In all seriousness, on the size thing this is what I could lift from Google:

MK4 Supra
Wheelbase: 102.9 inches
Height: 52.0 inches
Length: 183.5 inches
Width: 67.7 inches

MK5 Supra
Wheelbase‎: ‎97.2 inches
Height‎: ‎50.8 inches
Length‎: ‎172.4 inches
Width‎: ‎73 inches

So it's shorter yet wider and lower.

And I don't remember the MK4 Supra being lauded for it's beauty back in the day. It had presence for sure but was it really a good looking car in stock form? I guess that's a personal preference thing...

Toyota-Supra.jpg

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
I've looked at the new Supra numerous times over the last few days and each time it looks slightly better!

Maybe it's a grower, definitely looks better with a slight drop, better alloys and not in red.

Only 300 hitting the UK in the first order and all sold, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the price in the first 6 months!

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Photoshops everywhere, wheel a bit off in this one kind but still, shows the potential. This is what it's all about. The same was said with the GT86, now look at it. None of the old original Toyotas were any way good looking back in the day, it took time, and modifying. If you want top end buy a Lexus, this is a drivers car, fun, tuning, body modifying etc .. Not just another boring car on the road. Can't wait for SEMA and TAS next year

FB_IMG_1547630510634.jpg

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I think a lot of the fuss comes down to the bhp figure, it doesn’t seem an awful lot when you consider a standard golf is that power. But an r34 skyline, the old supra the 3000 gto were all restricted allegedly to 280 bhp but responded really well to a bit of tuning, I imagine this will be the same. Look on YouTube at the amount of 600bhp+ 335i’s. Couple that with what is meant to be a great chassis and you’ve got a winner in my opinion.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
I think a lot of the fuss comes down to the bhp figure, it doesn’t seem an awful lot when you consider a standard golf is that power. But an r34 skyline, the old supra the 3000 gto were all restricted allegedly to 280 bhp but responded really well to a bit of tuning, I imagine this will be the same. Look on YouTube at the amount of 600bhp+ 335i’s. Couple that with what is meant to be a great chassis and you’ve got a winner in my opinion.

Exactly, can you imagine taking out 2 or 3 cats and a full exhaust alone will probably add 100 lol. Look at the R35 GTR, not crazy power from the factory but look at the influence, tuning and industry it has created..i think it still comes down to who wants to buy, build and tune at a drivers cars, or step into a fancy car from the dealer. They're very different mindsets

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Isnt the gold one a mk4 with GTR headlights or something? There was thread or video of it recently on facebook about the transformation>?

Isn't it the original supra that went bombing down the roads in England in the dead of night?

There was a few top secret MK4 supras. The V12 one wasn't the one that done the high speed run, it's definitely the 6cyl one that did. And much to the annoyance of many people, the one that done the M1 run had a Nissan RB engine not the 2JZ. Apparently it's power delivery was much better suited to this, despite the 2jz ultimately being the stronger engine.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I see Shmee150 has reviewed it to an extent.

Looks better in video, and is design is working on me.