Gavlar

RMS Regular
There's a thread on here somewhere about the FT-1 but **** if i can find it lol

Be interesting to see its price point

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looks like somebody has just merged a GT86 with the Toyota FT concept (which is admittedly stunning) which was seen around for a while

maxresdefault.jpg

img_1278.jpg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I was driving behind a black Supra at lunchtime near Holywood exchange and was admiring it, has aged very well.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Fugly. Big boots to fill. Hope it lives up to its name.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
If they make it, it will have a watered down engine. Then days are gone

genman

G
Gran tour made out its a tweaked version of the upcoming BMW Z4

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Yes bmw and Toyota were said to be collaborating on a project for a fair few years now, I've been following this as they're two of my favourite car brands. I'd imagine the z4 replacement will borrow a lot of the tech on this new supra, expect a petrol electric setup similar to the NSX and dont get your hopes up for a manual gearbox.

dufunk

RMS Regular

Bit confusing thought this was the new Supra/Z5 that both Toyota and Bmw have created and that the FT-1 was shelved.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Admittedly there's some nicer pics in that thread than the Tamiya special in the original post..

ft13-1024x669-jpg.64503

ft1a-1024x594-jpg.64502

ft115-1024x683-jpg.64504

That's like the picture they showed on TGT, maybe a little OTT on the styling, but an impressive looking car.

Sheeples

RMS Regular
Drives
M4/RS4
This lad does a lot of BMW leaks and for the most part has been spot on with all of them. Upcoming BMW model pipeline - from F39 and G02 to G20 and beyond

February 2018
  • Supra details: three engines (EU-only 195hp 20i, 255hp 30i, and 335hp 40i - and this means the 380hp Z4 M40i will be offered only by BMW and only in North America and a few other non-EU markets). Intro later this year, common sense suggests it will be simultaneous with Z4. It will be Toyota in name and body design only - everything inside the car is the same familiar BMW stuff: same options, same colors, same interior materials. Speaking of colors, it feels almost like a throwback to the 00s: Glacier Silver, Atacama Yellow, and Crimson Red are coming back, though there'll also be a new matte gray. For the interior, you'll be able to choose between fabric, alcantara, and leather, and (the gods have heard us!) all of these choices will be available in the U.S. Wheels: 17" standard with 18" and 19" optional on 20i and 30i, 18" standard and 19" optional on 40i. 40i gets standard M sport diff, while on 30i it will be optional in something that BMW would call "ZMP". Market positioning for the car seems to be distinctly lower than BMW, for example, the barebones 30i will have manual seat adjustments and no nav system. And, finally (que the sad trombone): all models are automatic only.
As always, it's on the internet so take it with a pinch of salt. But he'd posted that a good while before the details in Best Car came about and they seem to line up so far.