2020 Audi S3: hot hatch and saloon spotted undisguised

Dave..

RMS Regular
_sb13205.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
looks like a base spec rather than an s3.

Yeah I hope its just the basic chassis out for a test drive with sport/se bumpers as the 4 pipes out the back give it away as S3 however, Audi are notorious for making very subtle changes between their S-Line models and S3

Eg, difference externally between a S-Line and my S3 is the front grill, 4 exhausts and rear bumper diffuser. Thats it. The rest is all the same.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Eg, difference externally between a S-Line and my S3 is the front grill, 4 exhausts and rear bumper diffuser. Thats it. The rest is all the same.

That's what always annoyed me about mine, with Audi you need to go to the RS range for it to look and feel special.

It's pretty much why I didn't consider another S range Audi, in saying that if you get the right colour a TTS can look special.

Even an S5 which is an expensive car pretty much looks like an Sline A5.

Gambit

RMS Regular
The saloon was never a great looking car.
I sort of middle of road on them, they look great and I think they have potential to look amazing but the inset arches would annoy me

I often wonder did audi have an idea of making some sort of mad rs3 saloon that would have small arch extensions hence the inset arch but then went back on the idea

I often look at them and wonder could you fit/mod q3 extensions on to them or why aftermarket companies haven't tried making something.

I also noted that majority of them are dsg cars but manual s3 saloons exist on the mainland

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I think Audi miss a trick by not flaring the arches on the RS models, rs3 ttrs etc. A b7 rs4 has the big arches but still has that under the radar look