2020 Porsche Cayman 718 GT4.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
As long as it is dry 11th September for the drag racing, it can rain the rest of the year for all I care :joy:

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Well I pulled this out of the garage today.

Taxed it this morning - £313.50 for 6 months - absolutely staggering at the cost increase from last year - from memory was £245..

Car is booked in for 2 year service at Porsche Belfast on Thursday and then I will be good to go for another couple of years.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Well, would anyone like to put a guess on a number for a 2 year service including brake fluid change at a opc?

Btw. I supplied my own oil.

I genuinely didn’t think it was too bad.

Called in with @Davey@Procar today for a few detailing bits and bobs so will get photos soon.

Next is a rms cayman meet!

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Well, would anyone like to put a guess on a number for a 2 year service including brake fluid change at a opc?

Btw. I supplied my own oil.

I genuinely didn’t think it was too bad.

Called in with @Davey@Procar today for a few detailing bits and bobs so will get photos soon.

Next is a rms cayman meet!
£550?

davyk31

RMS Regular
The fact he supplied his own oil will have reduced the price by over £200 I would say. A few years back they reduced the service cost on my Macan by £200 and the exact same oil cost me £40. They were totally ok with me doing it this way and gave me the oil spec to buy.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
The fact he supplied his own oil will have reduced the price by over £200 I would say. A few years back they reduced the service cost on my Macan by £200 and the exact same oil cost me £40. They were totally ok with me doing it this way and gave me the oil spec to buy.

The car takes 8 litres of oil. I bought 2x5litres at a heavily discounted price of £80 so I guess they would have charged north of £200.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
The car takes 8 litres of oil. I bought 2x5litres at a heavily discounted price of £80 so I guess they would have charged north of £200.
What kind of oil you using Martyn?

I've been buying my Millers oil from Dennis McBrides in recent times, been finding they are well priced and great service

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
What kind of oil you using Martyn?

I've been buying my Millers oil from Dennis McBrides in recent times, been finding they are well priced and great service

This is the stuff that I use:

Seems to be particulate filter friendly

8471B0D0-333C-4FD0-A38D-2A69D84F5557.jpeg

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Update..

Well it’s all gone a bit Pete tong for me with the GT4 and Porsche Belfast…

2 days after the two year service I got a warning on the dash that the engine mounts had failed. I phoned Porsche Belfast and the quickest they could look at it was 4 weeks away. They suggested phoning Porsche assistance to collect the car and give me a hire car.

Porsche assistance refused to collect the car and told me to keep driving it, and they said they would consukt with Porsche Belfast about the best way to sort the problem.

4 weeks on and nothing…. I had started a straw poll on piston heads and it seems this is a very common and widespread, the engine mount costs £1500 plus 1/2 day fitting at £200 a hour.

So I phone Porsche Belfast and they haven’t been contacted by Porsche assistance. I have to take a morning off work for them to diagnose the already blatant problem.

Another 4 weeks on and no replacement part….

When asked about the fragility about the engine mounts I was told they would happily advise an extended warranty…..

I’m still cross…. Two months on with a fault and the baseline extension to warranty response.

I have let them know about the poor service and was just wished a good weekend.

Gutted!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Update..

Well it’s all gone a bit Pete tong for me with the GT4 and Porsche Belfast…

2 days after the two year service I got a warning on the dash that the engine mounts had failed. I phoned Porsche Belfast and the quickest they could look at it was 4 weeks away. They suggested phoning Porsche assistance to collect the car and give me a hire car.

Porsche assistance refused to collect the car and told me to keep driving it, and they said they would consukt with Porsche Belfast about the best way to sort the problem.

4 weeks on and nothing…. I had started a straw poll on piston heads and it seems this is a very common and widespread, the engine mount costs £1500 plus 1/2 day fitting at £200 a hour.

So I phone Porsche Belfast and they haven’t been contacted by Porsche assistance. I have to take a morning off work for them to diagnose the already blatant problem.

Another 4 weeks on and no replacement part….

When asked about the fragility about the engine mounts I was told they would happily advise an extended warranty…..

I’m still cross…. Two months on with a fault and the baseline extension to warranty response.

I have let them know about the poor service and was just wished a good weekend.

Gutted!

That’s not good, what was the reason Porsche assistant wouldn’t collect the car?

When I used them before they were grand, they were out in a couple hours and sent a flatbed out about an hour later. Couple of hours later a brand new Q5 was delivered to me as a loaner.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
That’s not good, what was the reason Porsche assistant wouldn’t collect the car?

When I used them before they were grand, they were out in a couple hours and sent a flatbed out about an hour later. Couple of hours later a brand new Q5 was delivered to me as a loaner.

They told me it doesn’t affect the car…. But by goodness it’s as stiff as hell to drive.

I’ve no spine left after 2 months. The GT4 is rigid enough never mind engine mounts set at 180mph stiffness.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Sounds incredible they would decide you should drive on with that fault and then take so long to even book it in. Very poor service for sure so you are totally right in feeling unhappy. I would land in with them to have a chat with the right ears as poor feedback hurts them badly.