Kia Picanto offers more than expected

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - The Kia Picatno – a car that travels firmly under the radar of other road users as it doesn't have a badge to keep up with the Jones' – a car that many will not even have heard of, despite being around for years – a car that is a firm contender in the city-car market. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Brother has the "VR7" picanto and they love it! Perfect for their London living

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Brother has the "VR7" picanto and they love it! Perfect for their London living

They really are churning up some fantastic cars these days - if you can look past the badge and on the likes of the Picanto, the slightly plastic trim inside, then the value for money is not to be sniffed at!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The coffin-dodgers shopping at Sammy Mellons or whatever the kia dealer is, give these cars a bad rep!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
waiting for the day one of these review titles is even slightly negative :p
There is no such thing as a bad car these days though that can equate to a negative opener - inside an article there will be some critique but genuinely bad cars are a thing of the past thankfully!

Plus, i try and have a positive outlook and see the car for the market in which it sits, as such the Picanto is looked upon IMO as a car that is going to be a non-enthusiast cash buyer that will be keeping it for 5+ years and for £13k it's pretty good as that buyer doesn't demand soft touch materials, a recognisable badge and the premium pricing that would come with such luxury :grinning:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
£13k! I didn't think they were even close to that. My mum recently picked up a new Nissan Note and it's fantastic for her. It has DAB radio, sat nav, metallic paint and a whole host of other features and it cost her £9.5k after I'd negotiated with the sales man. Even got mats (Inc a boot liner), flaps, a tank of petrol and Superguard (I think) thrown in for less than the fuel would have cost us.

From what I've seen Kia are producing some decent cars but they're pricing them right at the top of their respective classes which the brand image hasn't yet reached even if they cars are close. They're getting there though.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
£13k! I didn't think they were even close to that. My mum recently picked up a new Nissan Note and it's fantastic for her. It has DAB radio, sat nav, metallic paint and a whole host of other features and it cost her £9.5k after I'd negotiated with the sales man. Even got mats (Inc a boot liner), flaps, a tank of petrol and Superguard (I think) thrown in for less than the fuel would have cost us.

From what I've seen Kia are producing some decent cars but they're pricing them right at the top of their respective classes which the brand image hasn't yet reached even if they cars are close. They're getting there though.
They start at £9,500 but the top of the range is just shy of £14 so the same as all others within the class TBH

Also note, what i am quoting is RRP OTR prices which no one ever pays anywhere near in reality

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
My father has bought one of these. The 7 year warranty on top of an already cheap car is not to be sniffed at. However, he has had to take it back after 6 months to have the wheels replaced due to a failure of the laquer. No kirbing or chips etc, the wheels just corroded underneath the laquer which subsequently fell off. I wanted to remain positive about the car and brand for him but im not so sure now.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
My father has bought one of these. The 7 year warranty on top of an already cheap car is not to be sniffed at. However, he has had to take it back after 6 months to have the wheels replaced due to a failure of the laquer. No kirbing or chips etc, the wheels just corroded underneath the laquer which subsequently fell off. I wanted to remain positive about the car and brand for him but im not so sure now.
Did they sort them out hassle free? if so it could simply be a bad batch from a supplier?

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Did they sort them out hassle free? if so it could simply be a bad batch from a supplier?
Yes sorted out relatively hassle free, just about a month wait for them to sort the warranty paperwork or something. Think my dad also had parking sensors fitted at the same time too.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Kia have been making good cars for a while now, the Optima foe one was great and of course the Sportage.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Badge snobbery towards the like of Kia and Hyundai is a bit of a cliché these days. They're really popular for good reason.

In saying that - ask anyone that's spannered on either and they might tell of cheap and easily sheered fasteners, odd design/engineering and recycled parts off other brands.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
The stinger is the only Kia that would appeal to me, I love it for how left field and different it is

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.