205 driveshaft query

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Can anyone tell me if the driveshafts on a 205 diesel (BE gearbox) have spring clips where they fit into the gearbox to hold them in place? Reason I'm asking is I'm replacing the track control arms and the left hand driveshaft came (accidentally)out of the gearbox very easily. On any other car I've owned the driveshaft was held into the diff by a spring clip in a groove on the shaft

Any help appreciated

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
nah mate they dont, all passenger drive shafts normally fall out of them if working around that area, lowering them or anything, normally find it's ok myself as 99% of the boxes are over filled anyhow when going to top them up again

they are simply held in by the length of the shaft, though you have to give them a we push to get them in 100% so as the fluid doesnt fly out everywhere
when the suspension is tight again, it all holds in place dead on!

dee205

RMS Regular
off topic Ryan.

How you guys coping in there without me!

I'm glad to see the back of having to empty your oul SNK swarf bins!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.