Fast and Furious Live Interview: Lead Stunt Driver Chris Burns

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - The movie spin-off action show, Fast and Furious Live, races into Belfast's SSE Arena this weekend. It promises to be a spectacular thrill ride, featuring recreations of the cars and stunts that turned the franchise into nirvana for petrol heads.

This isn’t just another Hollywood scale production taking a pitstop in Belfast. One of the driving forces behind Fast and Furious live is Fermanagh man and long-time RMS Motoring Member Chris Burns. Yes, the forum stalwart @chris_b is a key figure behind this behemoth and has been instrumental in bringing this show to reality. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Excellent write up there Andy and a very interesting background, more than i expected after Steer from thr Rear days! You've had some time of it Chris and fair play to you sir as you didnt get there for no reason (y)

Hope the show goes well and continues to do so over the tour.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Good interview (y) very interesting bit about the Nankang tyres

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Guys thank you all so so very much.

I assure you there have been plenty of dark times trying to forge this path but happily the good massively outweigh the bad.

I’m just very fortunate I guess and I alway try and Fly the N.I flag at ever opportunity (whatever one that is these days :laughing:) and am very proud to be from here.

Andy & I will get the second part of this done ASAP but thanks Andy for doing this and thank each and everyone of you for your support over all the years, wouldn’t be here without you guys

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Very interesting, fair play to you for sticking with everything during the bad times, the success of this show is thoroughly deserved.

No talk of taking this to the states then Chris? Would be hugely successful there also no doubt.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Great write up / interview. I am looking forward to Saturday evening now !

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
awesome........... that is living the dream !! but no doubt there have been many nightmares enroute to this point.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Link to the interview anywhere? Or even a synopsis of the Nankang bit, lol.

No idea sorry, I just listened to it live on U105.

In a nutshell - they couldn't run standard black tyres as they leave skid marks which would interfere with the aesthetics of the environment mapping system, so they had to go to various tyre manufacturers for a solution. Nankang came up with a grey tyre using a new synthetic material in the compound which is cleaner, more durable and leaves no black marks. They expect this may eventually roll out to road cars.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.