Kia Stinger Surprises: Fast, Stylish, Even Desirable!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Had a look round the black one in the Kia showroom 2 weeks ago and they're really nice in the flesh. Certain angles remind me of Maserati Quattroporte.

31265648_10155641120328719_1787062207406669824_n.jpg

I see Kia have a single blue one in UK also, gauging whether to release it as a standard colour (which they've decided Yes for). Think it really suits it. Same as pictured below.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
WTF is going on here? Engine cover looks very cheap.
upload_2018-5-22_12-20-47.png

Also, is it just me or do the rear seats seem at a very high angle?

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Also, is it just me or do the rear seats seem at a very high angle?

Somewhat of an optical illusion I think, with the way the rear door windows sweep up. They look normal enough here and I read a review that said with the seats down for extra space you have a nearly flat loading area from the boot.

1659c38e55200c0940cf53cd1fae51172aea952e.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've said it before but they're not cheap are they?

They're right in the firing line of the 3 series BMW. I'm not sure what spec differences there are but it'll need to be REALLY good to draw punters away from the usual suspects.

Stinger.png

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
An exact spec german would be £10k upwards, more expensive

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Closest 3-series would be the 340i, which is still 40bhp (give or take) down on the Kia and priced very closely - however it would need various options added to match the Kia spec, which would bring it up by another £3k-£4k. Kia has Brembos, adaptive dampers, mechanical LSD, etc.

I agree it's not cheap for a Kia, but seems to be getting great reviews so hopefully good word of mouth will serve it well.

Kia Stinger GT-S vs BMW 440i and Jaguar XE S - can it handle the heat? | Autocar

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Great looking motor, certainly more than a few hints of Maserati about it. If it wasn’t for the wild depreciation, I’d be tempted with one

Big Jon

RMS Regular
Drives
G87 M2
I recently found out these need serviced every 6,000 miles or 6 months so combined with the depreciation the running costs would put off most punters I would suspect.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Sure with the amount of 5k lease deals every car seems to have these days that'll be once a year anyway LOL

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sure with the amount of 5k lease deals every car seems to have these days that'll be once a year anyway LOL

My car won't need serviced at all over the lease. Once every 20k...

I find 6k / 6mth service intervals hard to believe.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I find a 20k service interval hard to believe.....that's just manufacturers living in hope they'll hit 60k and no longer have to worry about it.....and likewise pushing sales for fleets who will need to spend little during their ownership and not give a damn on condition of the car at the end.

6k maybe a bit much though, but really, cars should be serviced every 10.

genman

G
i saw a black one of these on the M2 today...very nice indeed, very subtle and doesn't look physically big . Quad exhaust tips really suit the shape.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seen a yellow one the other day...very Jaguarish, quite a good looking car.

Also seen a news flash thing from Oz, that they're doing well there too, and it also mentioned Aussie police maybe buying them ?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Seen a yellow one the other day...very Jaguarish, quite a good looking car.

Also seen a news flash thing from Oz, that they're doing well there too, and it also mentioned Aussie police maybe buying them ?
Badge snobbery and a sub-standard dealer experience seems to be hurting UK from feedback of colleagues in mainland

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
5th gear did a review on them last week, they were not impressed and said they are a long way behind the German brands.

Sure they are 10k cheaper, if they weren't they wouldn't ever sell one. Things are usually cheaper for a very good reason.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
5th gear did a review on them last week, they were not impressed and said they are a long way behind the German brands.

Sure they are 10k cheaper, if they weren't they wouldn't ever sell one. Things are usually cheaper for a very good reason.

Evo said pretty much the opposite, that Kia has brought the game to the Germans

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d

Plato’s review wasn’t great. Complaining about the ESC kicking in. Stick it into Sport+ would have solved that. Pretty poor review from him really.

Auto Express did the S5 vs the Stinger, completely different result Kia Stinger vs Audi S5

Same for Whatcar New Kia Stinger GT S vs Audi S5 Sportback

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Funny how reviews can differ so much, still can't see me ever putting +£40k into a KIA. May be good value as a second hand buy but new I don't think so.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Even the review by May on TGT a year or so ago was piss poor. He did drive it, but said little about it, nor did they particularly push the car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.