Carrowdore Vintage and Classic Car Run - Friday 3rd August 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I’ve heard there’s normally quite a big turnout at this. What’s the route, down the peninsula etc? Would be good as it’s local to me

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I did it last year in a Beach Buggy. Was a fantastic night for it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year, will be on holiday and not back in time.

Photo from Grahams album last year to show the turnout.
CF9994E0-B49B-4C63-92F2-8150E4706263.jpeg

@Michael M the route last year was Carrowdore-Greyabbey-Ballywalter-Millisle-Carrowdore. Route travelled through the grounds of the Dunleath Estate in Ballywalter, stopped on the Pier, then back to the outskirts of Millisle along the Woburn Road back to Carrowdore.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I did it last year in a Beach Buggy. Was a fantastic night for it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year, will be on holiday and not back in time.

Photo from Grahams album last year to show the turnout.
View attachment 198249

@Michael M the route last year was Carrowdore-Greyabbey-Ballywalter-Millisle-Carrowdore. Route travelled through the grounds of the Dunleath Estate in Ballywalter, stopped on the Pier, then back to the outskirts of Millisle along the Woburn Road back to Carrowdore.
You arrived home from holiday last year the day before if I recall, hopefully make it myself

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
You arrived home from holiday last year the day before if I recall, hopefully make it myself

Haha well remembered, arrived home the afternoon of the run last year, but unfortunately its the Monday after this time, so miss cars and coffee also.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Just going to watch it at Ballywalter harbour with the wee man. Hopefully rain stays off!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I will be there photographing, weather has been reasonably kind down this way all day and they are not stopping on the harbour this year, instead doing a regroup at Sandycove caravan park close to Ballyferris, a good chance to see the cars up close and chat with drivers, get pictures of the kids with their fav metal...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Just shy of 90 on the run

Attachments

• IMG_20180803_203000.jpg
    IMG_20180803_203000.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 252

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Saw a few arriving for this , I was at the chippy in carrowdore on the way home from work , nice evening for it.
Some very tidy , well kept cars !

911c4s

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla :-)
Saw a few arriving for this , I was at the chippy in carrowdore on the way home from work , nice evening for it.
Some very tidy , well kept cars !

see the imfamous BFZ2828 sitting at the chippy while i was going over for a nosey. looked well. good turnout at event

NotKG

Banned
carpark could have been better spaced, took the son in his wheelchair and couldnt get between them.
but otherwise a good turn out.
IMG_20180803_192159.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: This is the third time that Carrowdore & Ballyfrenis Presbyterian Church held the Carrowdore Vintage Car Run.

Well attended again this year, the run took in the spectacular scenery of the 'ards peninsula. The route left Newtownards and hugs the western side of Strangford Lough via (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.