Peugeot 208 GTI

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Well what can I say, I have a sickness for French hot hatches, after deciding that the clio was starting to get a bit tiresome on long journeys, and wanting more of an all rounder, I came to the conclusion that a 208 GTI was the way to go, so after some test drives this one came up for sale and I fell in love, quicker than you think, handles well, I personally think the interior on current Peugeots are top quality, comfortable as well, only minor 'downsides' is that the engine note is a little uninspiring, but that could be said for a lot of new cars these days I suppose, anyway here are some night shots I took this week.

I should add in my stupidity in believing in the ever reliable method of 'man maths,' and being fortunate enough to have access to space I didn't sell the 182, I decided to put it away and keep it, I have become seriously attached to it, plus we probably won't see high revving n/a engines like that in hot hatches again so I want to keep hold of mine!

208 GTI by Stuart Hanna, on Flickr

Last edited:

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Love these, they are a very comfy place to be too. What is it like on fuel compared to the 182?

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Thanks @_Stu_ fuel economy is better than the clio, I was getting around 43 mpg on a journey, where as the clio was at best mid 30's.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
I've started to really like these recently now I've seen a couple around town and this one is really nice

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Lovely car!

I keep finding myself looking at Peugeot Sport ones for sale. I've no need for one, but at the same time I feel I do lol.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Lovely car!

I keep finding myself looking at Peugeot Sport ones for sale. I've no need for one, but at the same time I feel I do lol.

The peugeot sport ones are lovely, would have loved one of them but they are few and far between!

Deleted member 23441

D
Roadside portadown had this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180805-220835_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180805-220835_Chrome.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 272

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Awesome, I really want a drive in one of these sometime. The 1.2L version is nippy around the coast so I can imagine this one is fun, glad to see you kept the clio too! If you ever need parts / servicing / warranty fire me a message and I'll keep you right (y)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Awesome, I really want a drive in one of these sometime. The 1.2L version is nippy around the coast so I can imagine this one is fun, glad to see you kept the clio too! If you ever need parts / servicing / warranty fire me a message and I'll keep you right (y)

Thanks Jamie, yea couldn't say bye to the 182, bonded with that car so I'll try and hold onto it for as long as possible(y)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Well not much to report on the GTI, mainly been mundane daily journeys so far, but went to the Hallidays meet on Sunday, which was the first time I had taken this on a bit of a hoon, very composed and covers ground remarkably well, although better tyres are needed, mine are grim to say the least. @JamieG95 at least made it look clean on the turntable!

IMG_9962-25.JPG
IMG_9963-26.JPG
IMG_9964-27.JPG

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Lovely car mate, think it was actually me did the used car prep on that one! I think its dervtech in england have been getting some ridiculous hp numbers from these with stock internals!

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Same brute of an engine that is in the mini I believe, keep it well serviced and pull any issues into line straight away and it will serve you well. if the engine is strong they respond really well to tuning.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Well time for a rather sad update, fitting for 2020... rounded a bend, road was greasy and I misjudged how greasy, back end stepped out and snapped back, before I could react I was into the hedge and down a ditch. Thankfully it was only myself involved and I emerged unscathed. First and hopefully last time I bin a car and certainly makes you realise how quickly things can go wrong! Obligatory pic of the damage. A shame as I really loved this car 😞

20201128_102552.jpg

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Ah dude thats unfortunate but main thing is youre okay. First time seeing this thread - sad way for it to end.
Thanks bud, yea I mean that what we pay insurance for. I am just so glad no one else was involved or hurt, cars can be replaced! 👍

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Airbags doing their job by the looks of it 👌 glad you got out ok. Hopefully easily enough sorted insurance wise.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
**** I'm sorry to see that. They're quite twitchy at the back end in good conditions nevermind a greasy road. I'm glad you're okay that's the main thing!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
**** sake mate, that's bad craic. Happen today? Ps, nice to meet you earlier!
Hi mate, no happen a few eeks back, just didn't post anything until insurance etc was all sorted, these things happen and good to meet you today 👍
Airbags doing their job by the looks of it 👌 glad you got out ok. Hopefully easily enough sorted insurance wise.
Yea pretty straightforward with the insurance thankfully, airbags certainly earned there money!