Mazda 6... The sensible choice.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

c_rad

RMS Regular
I've owned this from November and in that time it's been nothing but faultless.

Specs.... 2014 2.2D skyactive (fancy)
All the toys you would expect with something modern.
Sat nav, Dual climate control, touch screens etc.

As with everything it doesn't stay standard for long.

Found some wheels to suit, lowered it 30mm and finally got around to putting my reg on it as well as fitting a diffuser trim also.
Plans to fit a lip kit shortly, Fit bigger exhaust tips to fill the gap on the diffuser and maybe change the wheels again and just drive away at it.

Here are the pics!

IMG_20180802_202430.jpg
IMG_20180801_212655.jpg
IMG_20180803_213018_267.jpg
IMG_20180721_223058_206.jpg

Not lowered in the last picture :joy:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Funny looking insignia vxr. :p Is a nice wagon though and probably perfect for your commute.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lovely! Hard to believe that's 4 years old. They still look really fresh

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I knew i knew that reg. You're a few streets from me and i sometimes walk past. Now ive a new pair of blinds to peak through :p

Looked lovely at the meet the other week and defo in brave order :grinning:Any interior shots?

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
I knew i knew that reg. You're a few streets from me and i sometimes walk past. Now ive a new pair of blinds to peak through :p

Looked lovely at the meet the other week and defo in brave order :grinning:Any interior shots?

Haha bit of creeping! If you see me out and about dont be afraid to dander over for a chat bud!

It's tidy enough but a few bits I want to sort... Stone chips on the rear arch being one :mad:

I'll take an interior shot tomorrow, You'll have to ignore the shabby mats lol

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Lovely car, we enjoy the same engine in our CX-5 and were also looking at a Mazda 3 with that engine recently but decided to keep what we have. That generation of them look real sleek, as mentioned they age well!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Lovely big things these and yours looks well. Did they ever do an MPS in this shape? Shame if they didn't.

I'd be wanting to get the chrome bits done the same colour as the wheels, then if you're going to change them again there's no point! Might just be me though as I despise chrome on modern cars. Some people can't get enough of it with the cars I've seen driving around with it stuck everywhere!

I went too sensible and got a granda-mobile last year for ferrying the young kid and a teen around. He'll be 3 next year so will be going for something more enjoyable to replace it.

Last edited:

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Lovely big things these and yours looks well. Did they ever do an MPS in this shape? Shame if they didn't.

I'd be wanting to get the chrome bits done the same colour as the wheels, then if you're going to change them again there's no point! Might just be me though as I despise chrome on modern cars. Some people can't get enough of it with the cars I've seen driving around with it stuck everywhere!

I went too sensible and got a granda-mobile last year for ferrying the young kid and a teen around. He'll be 3 next year so will be going for something more enjoyable to replace it.

Was considering wrapping it black as I've seen it done and looks well.. But with considering changing wheels I'm not sure if it would suit.

They didn't do an MPS in this shape but I believe in the brand new model just released there is a 2.5T available for a bit more power.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
So a small update...

With the diffuser being fitted the standard pipes where lost in it. So wanted slightly bigger tips and them to sit a little more flush with the rear.

Cue a bit of a drive today to see Mark at Elite Autos and Custom Exhausts. Couldn't have been more helpful and professional, Handy paid too.

Some pics, excuse the dirt. It rained and the roads where pigging.

FB_IMG_1534625334231.jpg

FB_IMG_1534625341027.jpg

IMG_20180818_130717.jpg

The kit is still in transit from Russia and iveI ordered new rear lights which will help finish the rear of the car off. All due next week hopefully!

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Passed you heading Donegal bound earlier today in Derry. You’re right it was pigging!

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Someone else with some sense buying a 6. I've the older shape and love it. 2nd longest car I've owned

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Someone else with some sense buying a 6. I've the older shape and love it. 2nd longest car I've owned

I really have been taken with it! I'd looked at changing but it does everything I need and more.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I like that a lot, you don't see many in white. I think the wheels really suit it too.

Just a small suggestion.............

IMG_20180721_223058_206.jpg
IMG_20180803_213018_267.jpg

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Looks well with the new pipes bud, seen it on their Bakebook page at the weekend.

Be able to get more derv soot up the backend now :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.