335 AYE!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
So I had an itch to scratch and despite an under 5 year major house refurbishment plan, I thought buying a 3.0 twin turbo petrol will be a good idea.

It's pretty much @G N K 's fault, I had lined myself up an E39 3.5v8 for half the money but I thought if I don't try one now I never will.

Previously owned by a member on here, has a select few goodies and will just be tidied to begin with.

IMG_20180807_201500.jpg
IMG_20180807_201508.jpg
IMG-20180802-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20180802-WA0002.jpg

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Good car that, have driven it myself which funnily enough was one of the times it sh4t itself, was all fixed under warranty though lol.

Health to drive (y)

I'm toying with the idea of taking the extended warranty out on it at the minute but am unsure whether it's going to be worth it! I need to go in to BMW and find out what's been done to this one to get an idea of what could be lurking around the corner I think. Can you remember what went when u were in it?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm toying with the idea of taking the extended warranty out on it at the minute but am unsure whether it's going to be worth it! I need to go in to BMW and find out what's been done to this one to get an idea of what could be lurking around the corner I think. Can you remember what went when u were in it?

@Boabybooster will be able to tell you exactly what it has and hasn’t had, I’m sure the wastegates are the only thing left that it hasn’t had done. He’d recommend the warranty as well I’d bet lol.

Think it was just a module that went when I drove it. Just pulling “gently” away from a junction and the lights came on and it went into limp mode. Can’t remember exactly what, but was all fixed no bother by BMW.

It’s a good going car that, was wasted on Rob the Saab loving, pipe smoking, slipper wearing fully paid upmmember of the baldy club :joy:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
High pressure fuel pump is what he broke.

Get the wheels back to silver as well.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
High pressure fuel pump is what he broke.

Get the wheels back to silver as well.
Too right! Black wheels and chrome windows - who's guilty for that? Lol.

Imagine borrowing a car and busting it...
And Gav I am the north coast embassador for Baldys, let that be the last time you have a dig at them!

Immediate plans are:
Paint the godawful scrape along the bottom edge of sill
Dechrome
Unplug exhaust valve
Fit twin cone filters - be here tomorrow
Paint wheels / swap them with someone who wants black ones
Fit removable tow bar
replace drivers mirror glass
Enquire about the extended warranty

Should everything be plain sailing, I'll keep the carbon theme going and get mirror covers, possiblyget msport bumpers and space the wheels out a tad.

I'm not in any rush to pull more ponies from it at the minute but I have been researching the road to more power. At the minute I'd be happy with a bit more baaap & whoosh

@Boabybooster who did you get extended warranty with ?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Too right! Black wheels and chrome windows - who's guilty for that? Lol.

Imagine borrowing a car and busting it...
And Gav I am the north coast embassador for Baldys, let that be the last time you have a dig at them!

Immediate plans are:
Paint the godawful scrape along the bottom edge of sill
Dechrome
Unplug exhaust valve
Fit twin cone filters - be here tomorrow
Paint wheels / swap them with someone who wants black ones
Fit removable tow bar
replace drivers mirror glass
Enquire about the extended warranty

Should everything be plain sailing, I'll keep the carbon theme going and get mirror covers, possiblyget msport bumpers and space the wheels out a tad.

I'm not in any rush to pull more ponies from it at the minute but I have been researching the road to more power. At the minute I'd be happy with a bit more baaap & whoosh

@Boabybooster who did you get extended warranty with ?
Bmw. Is it over 100k miles now? If it is you’ll only be able to get the driveline, but that will cover turbos.

Wheels were silver with me and I didn’t scrape the sill. I spent a lot on preventative maintenance on that like the walnut blasting at bmw. Pm me mate If you’ve any other questions. Although I was relaying the info to you through @G N K .

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Yeah you and Gavin deffo helped me with it, appreciate that! It's on 103k and is due a service right now. I'll pop into them today and book a service /enquire about warranty... Am I right in saying if it has warranty with them it has to be serviced by them or can you go anywhere as long as it is a legitimate garage?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Yeah you and Gavin deffo helped me with it, appreciate that! It's on 103k and is due a service right now. I'll pop into them today and book a service /enquire about warranty... Am I right in saying if it has warranty with them it has to be serviced by them or can you go anywhere as long as it is a legitimate garage?
Can be serviced by a vat registered garage and as long as it’s within timeframes, next one is probably just oil and change brake fluid.

You can get a quote online for the bmw warranty. I did it out of interest for the car again and it’ll be £71 a month plus £250 excess for a claim. That’s The driveline one.
Vehicle Details

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
You can get a quote for the warranty online. It won’t be too cheap with the mileage just.

Fantastic car, I know Rob loved the thing and it was well looked after during his ownership. The next owner worked in bavarian too so I’m sure it was equally well looked after.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
You can get a quote for the warranty online. It won’t be too cheap with the mileage just.

Fantastic car, I know Rob loved the thing and it was well looked after during his ownership. The next owner worked in bavarian too so I’m sure it was equally well looked after.
Love/hate relationship.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Very nice health to drive mate. Had all the common bits done so should be good to go. I wouldn't bother with a warranty personally.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hmm not liking all these tags, I shall be held responsible for nothing after the initial purchase.

I think you've bought the right one, Rob has most of the important stuff sorted and despite being Scottish he's not afraid to spend money on car maintenance and tyres etc.

Looks the part with the M Sport interior.

Get it mapped :cool:

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
It's fairly lively as is @G N K ! But I'll do a few things progressively before mapping it. Filters this week, when I'm home again I'll maybe do decat pipes, then down the line I'll do the charge pipe and intercooler. Only then would map it

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
It's fairly lively as is @G N K ! But I'll do a few things progressively before mapping it. Filters this week, when I'm home again I'll maybe do decat pipes, then down the line I'll do the charge pipe and intercooler. Only then would map it
Get the rear boxes cut open and a straight pipe put in instead of the perforated pipes. It’s bascially then a msport exhaust and will cost about £80 instead of 1800 and sound the same. There’s a link with a video somewhere to it that someone did. Will have a look for it.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth

If it wasn't for all the work @Boabybooster done I think @TalkToFrank & myself would have walked away. Short shifter, Eibach, Bilstein and polybushes were all working their magic during the test drive :heart_eyes:

Congratulations, you now own the most inconspicuous animal on the North Coast. Well, once the wheels get painted.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
If it wasn't for all the work @Boabybooster done I think @TalkToFrank & myself would have walked away. Short shifter, Eibach, Bilstein and polybushes were all working their magic during the test drive :heart_eyes:

Congratulations, you now own the most inconspicuous animal on the North Coast. Well, once the wheels get painted.
Cheers , spent some money on that, me and @gav525 nearly died doing those springs.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
I forgot to thank @BarryPort for running me twice up to the car! Thanks Barry!
It's booked in on Friday for the chrome trim getting vinyled black. Took the liberty of removing the chrome 335i badge and replacing it with a black one. But when I had the badge off I thought should I just leave it badgeless?? I never marked it at all when I did it so would look ok...

So, badge or no badge?
IMG_20180808_122841.jpg
IMG_20180808_123511.jpg
IMG_20180808_123937.jpg
IMG_20180808_124710.jpg
IMG_20180808_114149.jpg
IMG_20180808_124906.jpg