2012 Jaguar XF S Premium Luxury 3.0 V6 Diesel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Since April 2018 I've been trying to kick my wife into gear about picking her new car, which was more than likely going to be a lease. After being messed around by Apex Car Leasing (Avoid Avoid Avoid) over a new Golf R and new Tiguan we got our money back and decided this December to just buy my dads Jaguar XFS. She's always loved Jaguars, adored my XFR but not the fuel bills so the next best thing was my dads XFS, very well maintained car and id originally found it for my dad a couple of years ago so I knew the spec was on point. She will more than likely keep this for 12-18 Months so its a great all rounder)

2012 Jaguar XF S Premium Luxury
3.0 V6 Diesel (285PS ??)
56500 Miles with FSH (Jaguar then AI Autosport)
Italian Racing Red Metallic

The car boasts 7000 pounds of optional extras from new, including
Sport Body-Kit
Tan and Charcoal Leather
20" Draco Alloy wheels
Heated/Cooled Seats
SAT Nav
Bluetooth Phone Prep
iPod Connectivity
Parking Sensors
Cruise Control
Walnut Dash Trim
Electric Heated Mirrors
Black Grill

I've added her cherished registration I got her 3 years ago also.

Cars currently with Michael at Polishing Alloys to have all wheels refurbished in OEM Silver and then Calipers and Hubs painted. Collecting it tonight.

Ferret gets the car in just over a week for a full 2 stage correction and necessary sealants.

Also just purchased a gloss black finned XFR-S diffuser for the rear which should help with the styling.

Plans are to fit front OEM DRL's, New Michelins all round, Tints and then some Spacers more than likely. Shes over the moon with the car already so hopefully with the wheels all done etc ill be in the good books for another week lol.

20181120_082553.jpg

20181120_082625.jpg

Chris

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Great cars these. The Sportbrake one looks even better, IMHO.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They are a great looking big car, the rear rover number plates makes me sad though...

Will look great when you've added your touches.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
They are a great looking big car, the rear rover number plates makes me sad though...

Will look great when you've added your touches.

Plates are already off and standard, metros lol, now in place.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
It was all going extremely well until you said you’d be in the good books for another week and then that kinda ruined it.

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Car looks awesome and the spec is absolutely spot on. Does it come with the upgraded meridian sound system aswell (sub in the spare wheel well etc)?

Plans are to fit front OEM DRL's

Sure they are built into the headlights

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
A brand new Golf R or a 7 year old jaguar with walnut trim, you know how to treat a woman Chris.

I think the point was she couldn't decide what car she wanted to lease ... end of the day she wanted the Jaguar and it was bought for her so I don't see the need for your comment.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Have you the tartan rug bought yet for the rear parcel shelf? :p

Comfy big bus I bet. (y)

Genuinely there is a rug in the boot lol

Aye it's a great all rounder and she loves it so it's a win win for me. As said above it's probably only going to be with us for 12-18 months but has all the tech.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Car looks awesome and the spec is absolutely spot on. Does it come with the upgraded meridian sound system aswell (sub in the spare wheel well etc)?

Sure they are built into the headlights

That's a good point it was the pre facelift you had the drls in the silver blades.

No sound system unfortunately but the premium system is really good to be fair.

Reactions: KJS

Lee

RMS Regular
I love these and with the big 3.0 diesel plant it would be no slouch either. Needs to be the sporty version like this one though! I imagine they would be a lovely thing to drive.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That Jag is cooler than a Golf R and he owns it compared to a lease so the Jag is a no brainer in my books.

Looks great @ChrisL health to enjoy

Many thanks, she loves it and I offered to go and get her anything she wanted in England etc but she always admired my dad's Jagauar.

To be fair the Golf R and Tiguan were going to cost me less overall than buying the Jag so it's definately not a financial move by me, even if robbo thinks so lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I'm a big fan of these, must go well with that engine as well!

Yes goes really well, ive toyed with the idea of mapping it but I think its more than enough for her at present. Shes coming from a 2010 Fiesta 1.4 so this has bags of power for the daily commute.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wheels refurbished by Michael @ Polishing Alloys, great job as always.

New interior mats.

Wife's plate on.

Heading to Nigel next weekend for a full correction to get it all sealed up for the next few months.

Next to come is a genuine iPod adaptor and a gloss black finned XFRS diffuser (Ordered from EuroJag)

20190127_155037.jpg

20190127_155046.jpg

Chris

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Wheels look great. The rear diffuser should look well, will break up the rear a tad too.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wheels look great. The rear diffuser should look well, will break up the rear a tad too.

Yes can't wait to get it on and it's gloss black so should stand out a bit more than the stock Matt one.

Thats a good looking car. Would make for a cracking daily.

Aye it's great and she's a permanent grin on her face, however she has mentioned she would still like a jeep, maybe around the summer, so I'm hopeful she might want something like an F Pace.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.