VW Golf R - Take 3!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
DE7D7571-3706-482F-AA00-8A00A0D9214E.jpeg

GoodBye

775C753F-DEDD-40A0-9971-4B0D5F75CD15.jpeg

And Hello!

After 18 months in the white R I decided it was time for a change! I struggled to identify a suitable replacement outside of the VAG family! Would love another RS4 but a recent house purchase and impending wedding at the end of the year ruled that out, as it did for an RS3! I then thought about an S3 but my next door neighbour bought one of those recently and I didn’t want to be accused of copying him! That left me with another Golf R!! I do love them, as you can probably guess as the red one above will be my 3rd!
So on the way to The Manor House to treat the other half for her birthday, I stopped off at Donnelly VW where I viewed, test drove and treated myself to the red R pictured above. It’s a DSG this time, already hearing the ‘old age’ jokes from friends and work colleagues! Picking it up tomorrow afternoon and looking forward to the run home!

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They really are a great daily. I enjoyed mine with the DSG.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Excellent, looks great Tom
Know exactly how you feel, as I'm sure you are aware I'm looking to change, if my car sells the only 3 options I'm considering is:
GOLF GTI PP
GOLF GTI TCR
GOLF R (possibly now that it's available in 3 door)

I understand some people think it's stupid but hey wgat can I say I like Golfs and always have done.

All the best with it mate

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Happy Friday, Tom!

All the best with it, fantastic cars.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice Tom! Personally I prefer the white though, and thats even as the owner of a red one!

Any spec difference on this bar the DSG? Still haven't got your panoramic roof I see- maybe in the 4th one?!

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
bahahahah...."copy cat".

are you putting the res delete on this one?
Also, you better be moving out of ards.
As they say Pete, ‘imitation is the highest form of flattery!’ :cool:Still undecided about the res delete pipe, if no one buys it then I’ll probably put it on and say nothing to Lynne!! ;) And, No I’m not moving!!:joy::joy:

Last edited:

cbr600

RMS Regular
OP
cbr600
Drives
Golf R
Safe trip and no raking
Me? Rake??!! You have me confused with someone else!! :p Cheers Tim

Very nice Tom! Personally I prefer the white though, and thats even as the owner of a red one!

Any spec difference on this bar the DSG? Still haven't got your panoramic roof I see- maybe in the 4th one?!
Thanks Ian. Same ‘lease spec’ as the white one just with DSG! Donnelly Fiat had one with keyless entry and winter pack, was 6 months younger than the white one but with 6k more miles and more or less the same price as the red one but they wanted £4200 to change (n) Donnelly VW changed me for £2k!(y)Hopefully the 4th one will have all the bells and whistles!! :joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.