1999 Corsa 1.6 Sport

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Had spotted this low mileage Corsa Sport on eBay and couldn't help go back to look at it every so often.
Eventually rang about it, and got usual English salesman, but was able to strike a deal eventually.

Got it home on Friday, haven't got much done, but happy enough with it so far.

Have a set of 60mm springs coming, but not sure what wheels to fit, Softstars, Speedlines, or have a set of Raffinos in my dad's roof space which need refurbished.

Would like a GSi kit, but undecided as it's not a GSi!
IMG-20190322-WA0005.jpg
IMG_20190323_173634.jpg
IMG_20190323_173643.jpg
IMG_20190323_173651.jpg
IMG_20190323_173702.jpg
IMG_20190323_173905.jpg
IMG_20190323_173924.jpg
IMG_20190323_173825.jpg

Last edited:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Love it!

Always wanted a reiger kit for one of these!!

Reactions: AMG

colin84

RMS Regular
Lowered on the Raffino's, done. Is that an aftermarket wood dash kit?

Actually when I think about it the speedlines would look better.

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Lowered on the Raffino's, done. Is that an aftermarket wood dash kit?

The Raffinos need a bit of work, no 2 are currently matching!

Wood dash is horrible, but an Irmscher dealer for accessory, wouldn't like to have been paying for it new!!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
As much as I love raffino’s 17’s are a bit roller skatey unless properly low and they ur prob gna destroy the inner lips of the arch??

Speedlines or softstars prob handier

Been keeping an eye for one myself lol missed out on a few but hadn’t spied that one, brings back some memories

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Class. X2 for speedlines but then I’m biased as you’d know. Have my eye on an Sri to add to the collection, might go rap the door again after seein this (y)

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
As much as I love raffino’s 17’s are a bit roller skatey unless properly low and they ur prob gna destroy the inner lips of the arch??

Speedlines or softstars prob handier

Been keeping an eye for one myself lol missed out on a few but hadn’t spied that one, brings back some memories

Bought a few 1.2 Corsa finance repos back in the day to sell on again, but never actually driven much at them, but my thinking was if they go the same way as Novas then it's better than money in the bank!
Know what you mean about the 17's, Nova is horrible to drive on them, which is why i never done anything with the set I have, but don't want to sell them either!
Class. X2 for speedlines but then I’m biased as you’d know. Have my eye on an Sri to add to the collection, might go rap the door again after seein this (y)

Most likely put them on to start with and see what happens. SRi 8valve would be my first choice in a Corsa B, but very hard to get a good one.

Lee

RMS Regular
I love a nice Corsa Sport! Personally if it were me I'd go speedlines with 195/40, down 60mm with shortened shocks, induction kit, darkened headlights and a Steinmetz grille if you can find one!

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Lovely, for sale? ;)

If I get the right offer it will go, but quite happy to keep it for a while. Looking forward to seeing it with wheels and lowering, and a hell of a clean.
You have a problem Adrian :joy: I'd love to do another B some time

I realised I had a problem a long time ago, but have learnt just to live with it at this stage.
Running out of Novas to buy, so this is the next best thing!!

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Body shop booked for fitting of a Combat kit @amg306 lol, great looking wee Corsa it’s bringing back memories 👍

Gambit

RMS Regular
I love a nice Corsa Sport! Personally if it were me I'd go speedlines with 195/40, down 60mm with shortened shocks, induction kit, darkened headlights and a Steinmetz grille if you can find one!

For the life of me I was trying to remember the grill I had, wasn't steinmetz but that reminded me it was Lexmaul

Along with a Peco powermaster single exit to unleash the 1.4 8v 55bhp fury :laughing:

Loved it though it was my first car

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
For the life of me I was trying to remember the grill I had, wasn't steinmetz but that reminded me it was Lexmaul

Along with a Peco powermaster single exit to unleash the 1.4 8v 55bhp fury :laughing:

Loved it though it was my first car

Kamei grill? That's what I had on my old Corsa B ... and combat side skirts and nothing else lol

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Love that, Looks in great condition too. Get the Timing belt changed lol

Steinmetz skirts and front grill (y)
This is where the fully stamped service history is great, 34k, serviced every year, and all mileage, dates etc recorded. Just I have no idea whatsoever was carried out at each service! Real handy, although I was always for changing the belt and pump anyway, but knowing my luck it will be brand new when I take it off! Still rather have that than it breaking.