BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer On Test

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I had the misfortune of piloting a 218i grand tourer msport as my sister in law got one as a courtesy car and we always take the opportunity to do a test drive of anything new. I think it’s the quickest I’ve ever turned a car around. What an absolutely woeful car, horrible driving position, a dashboard that looked like leonardo di Caprio should be hanging off the front of and probably went slower than the titanic. It felt so poorly put together I just can’t imagine how someone could drive one and think they are worth even a fraction of what they cost, people are obviously blinded by the badge.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Prefer the original. MIL has a 220d MSport Xdrive and for what she needs it’s perfect. Wouldn’t be my choice though!

Heater controls are far too low though.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
There is not 1 BMW in the new lineup I like. Currently drive an F30 but it would take a lot (of discount!) to put me in a new G20. The back of the new 2 series 4- door thing is horrific beyond words. I noticed Bavarian are doing massive discounts on new 530 albeit before Covid-19.
Mightly tempted to brave East Belfast 😉 and try a new Audi A4/S4 when I go to swap next. Or top of range Skoda Superb.