208 GTI BPS

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Finally getting around to putting a thread up on this. So after binning my black GTI towards the tail end of last year, I decided to 'go again' and replace it with another newer car, this was due to being grateful for all the air bags when you get up close and personal with something solid! So I had 2 options in my mind, go 308 GTI, or another 208 GTI, the 308 were very tempting being quicker, more practical and even rarer than a 208 but in the end they were a little over what I wanted to spend, plus the scary brake replacement prices made my mind up to go for another 208. When searching for one I had a spec in mind, it had to be;

A 'By Peugeot Sport' car, no prestige or another normal GTI.

Not any of the matte colours, preferably orange power or pearl white (although rioja red has really grew on me now)

So the search was on and after many visits to Auto Trader I landed on this one, 2018, 18k miles and in the first choice colour. The car was in Glasgow so managed to get it home just before the whole Brexit fiasco and glad I did, for anyone who doesn't know the difference in the normal GTI and the BPS version, changes are;

Mechanical limited slip differential
stiffer setup
10mm lower
wider track
bucket seats
bigger brakes.

These changes all add up to a far better GTI than the standard car, and probably what the original should have been from the start, the diff makes a big difference in and coming out of corners and the slightly more power and torque really punches the car down the road, the trade off is that being slightly stiffer the ride isn't as comfortable as my black one, but I can live with that. No plans apart from eventually an NI plate being put on it! Any here are some pictures!

IMG_8699.JPG
IMG_8707.JPG
IMG_8709.JPG
IMG_8711.JPG
IMG_8717.JPG
IMG_8718.JPG
IMG_8719.JPG
IMG_8700.JPG

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Love it dude. Totally biased being a Peugeot “nut” but that does look properly nice. Seats look great - health to drive bai!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Love it dude. Totally biased being a Peugeot “nut” but that does look properly nice. Seats look great - health to drive bai!
Cheers buddy, it certainly is a step up in purpose than a regular GTI, the seats especially are very nice and quite supportive!
That's a cool car. The colour suits it really well.
The colour is brilliant, it really pops in the sun and ar easier to keeps clean than black!
Good choice, although I’m even more biased than Nazor as I have a black one 😂
Orange looks great on it.

Hopefully we can get a photo of the two together at some point mate!

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Really poor excuse of an update, but finally managed to get an NI plate on it. Decided tonight to go on a good drive and get some better pics, such a riot of a car and I really should make more of an effort to use it as intended! Really torn in what to take on the RMS drive, this or the 182🤔
IMG_9696.JPG
IMG_9684.JPG

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
That looks fantastic. I do miss mine, they’re a very underrated car.

Thanks mate, yours was a lovely example, always loved the badges you added to the wings of yours. I really should suck it up and order a set of red floor mats as well to set it off! Although I am sure the GR is a step above again!
That's cool, something different from the VAG's and Renaults

Thanks, It's nice owning something that not too many others have, although I do see a white and a red one close in and around Comber & Ards, so they are out there! But I have only saw one other orange one at a meet at PMG a couple of years ago!

Zach57

RMS Regular
Thanks mate, yours was a lovely example, always loved the badges you added to the wings of yours. I really should suck it up and order a set of red floor mats as well to set it off! Although I am sure the GR is a step above again!
They were nice but one thing I don’t miss is getting half the wash mit stuck in them lol the red mats really brighten up the interior. I’d recommend getting a short shifter, I fitted the 4tech one a week after I got the car.
In a lot of ways it is but I was able to drive the 208 close to its limit on most roads which I can’t do with the GR.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
*Ownership ship update*

So this really is a boring update, and more of an online update for myself, but the car has now just ticked over 34k and has performed semi daily duties perfectly. I took the car on it's first 'driving holiday' from Liverpool down through the Cotswolds, Then onto Bath and finally ending up at Goodwood FOS, then back up to Liverpool for the boat home! For the trip I treated the car to a service and got the all important gearbox oil changed as that was due. The car was superb and didn't put a foot wrong, however after getting home I noticed I must have caught my seat bolster with something and put a small tear in it :pensive:. Anyway have some holiday pics on its English roadtrip.

20230709_104959.jpg
20230709_143419.jpg
20230710_163217.jpg
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
20230714_063618.jpg
20230717_130611.jpg
20230717_142440.jpg

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
*SOLD*

Well this escalated quickly. I wasn't actively looking to sell,but I was offered what I thought was a fair offer and decided to accept. I loved the car but truthfully I didn't use it enough, have a car for work and this ended being another 'weekend' car which I really didn't need. I made some fond memories in the car this summer and would recommend one to anyone looking a less common hot hatch.
Sadly no replacement lined up, just enjoy having the cash and wait and see how itchy my feet get without scratching 🤣. 182 is still here so not completely without my fix!
20230831_164647.jpg